Singapore, May 18 and 19

Persia

well that really depends on what kind of shots you're talking about? portraits? culture? fashion?

it's a little too short a notice and my schedule is packed for tomorrow and saturday - but if you'll pm me on how you can be contactable, maybe we can work something out for a short meetup.

otherwise, for shopping - we have an extensive list of where you can pick up some denim in the denim in singapore thread.

again, it depends on what you're looking to buy. since you have so little time, just hit orchard road.

as for food - try geylang (also the red light district) or newton circus for local fare.

drinks/clubbing - if you can only hit one club, then go to zouk. if you want some variety, go down to clarke quay. maybe st. james powerstation. these are all the standard spots.

but if you really want to do something touristy, then let it be the singapore zoo, in particular the night safari. i go there many times a year and it's always great for me.

sweet. I just sent you my email. I have a crackberry so email is the best way to roll.

I'm staying in the Marina area (the Ritz) so what's the best way to get around? I want to hit the basic spots like Orchard but I would also like to root around a bit as well. Should I just cab it or is there good public transpo?

I'm just taking shots of everything. I like more local types images, but anything of interest. I'm in India right now and I update every Monday, so you can get an idea at www.onehitwondersf.com.

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it.

cool.

alright, other sufuporean people (oie, plongin et al, you guys are on holiday right, no excuses!) if you're free do hook up with Persia as well, 'cos like i said, my schedule is tight this weekend.

if you're into a chillout joint, you might try coming down to where i work on Friday night after 9pm. it's Oosh, 22 dempsey road. the thing is, it's usually crowded on weekends so you may be turned away at the door. i heard they've closed reservations already.

the ritz is one of our best hotels, and the marina area is very central. you are within a five minute walk from the esplanade - our performing arts centre. it's become an iconic structure (albeit controversial in the aesthetics department but nevermind) in singapore so you might want to take some shots there, also they usually have some free performances in the outdoor theatre venue and concourse on the weekend evenings.

the public transportation system is excellent, and easy to figure out. failing which, cabbing is affordable. so if in doubt just take a cab. you don't have much time here so you might just want to cut to the chase.

oh wow. i believe i saw you performing from a distance. i was seated in the bar across that bridge from the japanese restaurant. had a direct view of your singing!

absurd! i mean, the world is small...but this small? what were the chances...

i didn't even realise you were in singapore.

you were seated at The Look Out section of Oosh (40% off drinks right!). that's where i sing on some weekends.

well next time you decide to go down, give me a holler to see if i'm singing that night.

Hello Beast,

To be honest my photos are vague also. I just go with the flow and see where I end up. No particular goal. I guess I would say I like capturing everyday things but with my perspective.

Yeah, I know, even more vague.

Also check out the Singapore meet up thread in the Official sub forum, there are plenty of tips there thanks to the SG boys and girls. :)

ughh.. had we known this last night... : |

haha

yeah what kind of place has a section with forty percent off drinks if u cant see the live performance? could you hear it though? if you could then...huh?

persia, sorry dude, found out about your trip here very last minute, and im all planned out for the weekend. singaporean ambassador soepom asked me to hit up this thread.