Odin's New 'Concept Shop'

"Paul Birardi and Eddy Chai, the guys behind the menswear boutique is planning to open a third location in Manhattan later this month. The tiny 350 sq foot store, located right next store to the original Odin shop in the East Village, will sell only one designer. Every 6-8 weeks, the store's entire stock will be changed, and the full collection of one designer only will be available at the shop, reports today's DNR. Cheap Monday and its higher end sister collection Sunday Sun will kick of the store this spring. Rag & Bone, Karen Walker and Tim Hamilton have all signed on for future."

Love the idea.

Great idea. I think Odin is often omitted in the list of stores to visit in ny. The Lafayette location is one of my favorite stores ever. I can live the rest of my life shopping only at BiG, OC, Odin and NdG and they are only few blocks away from each other.

The Lafayette location is one of my favorite stores ever.

I actually really dislike the Laffayette spot. The guys who work there are kind of pricks, and what it has basically become is a one stop shopping center for cool. Barneys' co-op is OK, but we don't need another one of those.

On the other hand, I love the 11th street store. They've always been helpful, and though their stock is smaller, I find that most of the bits I want are up there.

This concept store will be good if the use it right

Like having the entire A/W Robert Geller collection in stock at once.

That's a good idea.

So do you now get to pay an even HIGHER premium (at that particular store) for the chance to get something only available for 6 weeks?

I actually really dislike the Laffayette spot. The guys who work there are kind of pricks, and what it has basically become is a one stop shopping center for cool. Barneys' co-op is OK, but we don't need another one of those.

On the other hand, I love the 11th street store. They've always been helpful, and though their stock is smaller, I find that most of the bits I want are up there.

This concept store will be good if the use it right

Like having the entire A/W Robert Geller collection in stock at once.

That's a good idea.

I couldn't agree more - the Laffayette store sucks. Bunch of faggy doofuses sitting around posing like their in a Times magazine spread.

The EV store is such a different experience, and better stock. Not sure of their names, but the Asian dude with long hair, and the short Black dude are always super cool and helpful.

Glad to hear that the concept shop will be in the EV, maybe it will take more after the flagship store.

I was really excited when I heard that Odin was opening a store on Lafayette, but then I went in there for the first time and felt like I had stepped into the kind of store where I needed a tribal tattoo and hair product to fit in. Totally different atmosphere from the original location- the space itself could have been utilized so much more creatively, too.

The new shop should be fine, being directly next to the old store and considering the

tiny space... the only way they could fuck it up is if they secretly wiped their asses with the clothes while swiping your credit card.

Co-signing all the shit about the Lafayette location.

Since I've been living in San Francisco for the past year+, I've gone to the Lafayette location exclusively since my friends live nearby. Totally sucks. And this whole time, I'd just assumed that, as a company, they'd shifted sensibilities. Really glad to hear the EV location is still holding it down. Will have to hit it up while I'm back in town next week.

I don't know what you girls did to get treated that badly there. I never had any problems with people working there and the stock gets better and better. I don't give a fuck who else comes in there and the east village location will always have a better 'crowd' since it won't be packed with tourists. Lafayette just has more brands that suit me, since I'm not as cool as all of you.

Haha. I haven't had any problems at Odin either, but I haven't had the chance to go in there too often. The new store sounds like a good idea, I'll be checking it out.

The one store where the staff pissed me off was Flight Club, maybe cause I'm not a crazy hypebeaster like most of the people that go in there, beats me.

I don't know what you girls did to get treated that badly there. I never had any problems with people working there and the stock gets better and better. I don't give a fuck who else comes in there and the east village location will always have a better 'crowd' since it won't be packed with tourists. Lafayette just has more brands that suit me, since I'm not as cool as all of you.

It isn't necessarily that I was treated badly, besides maybe a little bit too much of the

"let's look at this guy up and down until he finally sees us doing it so he knows we're judging him for sure" deal.

The stock is oooookayyyyyyyy, but I think it reflects their desire to shift this location slightly more towards racking up sales rather than sticking to their original location's

aesthetic or ethic. Which makes complete sense, considering where the store is, and,

from the looks of it, they're definitely enjoying the consequences of making the right decision for the Lafayette store.

The stock is oooookayyyyyyyy, but I think it reflects their desire to shift this location slightly more towards racking up sales rather than sticking to their original location's

aesthetic or ethic.

I'll co-sign this too. In a nutshell, I get the sense that the Lafayette store carries a ton of Trovata, and shit that you can get pretty much anywhere. The EV shop, given their smaller space, keeps the focus on more unique items. That's my take, anyway. Really though, I got to get back there.

Grand announcement fellows, Odin's new store should be opening today at around noon-ish.

If not today, according to the kind fellows at Odin, it will definitely be open tomorrow

at 1pm.

I walked by it yesterday and I don't think it's open yet. They had clothes inside but it looked like some last minute construction. Maybe it will open on the weekend.

i actually walked in and asked what was up and they said that they're definitely opening by friday, they're just affixing a door and tidying up inside as of 9pm last night.