front pocket bag repair

Chicken

i put coins in my front right pocket and my keys in the left. and living in new york, i walk often. because of this it looks like the front pockets of my omnigods are deteriorating badly.

i've sewed up my front right pocket bag twice already. but it seems like it keeps finding new ways to break apart. i can feel the cloth is already paper thin. i guess i could patch it with a big piece of cloth. but this might be a great excuse to replace the entire pocket bag, instead.

this made me wonder how others here deal with their front pockets problems. any thoughts?

you can either patch up the front pocket bag or a better option would be to replace.

i know how you feel about wear and a patch job might contribute to a different wear on the denim side. since you buy phones based on wear patters, i don't think patching is a good option.

i have some extra heavy weight white twill that i can use to make new pocket bags for you, call me up if you are interested!

thanks miz! but i'm also wondering if it might be cool to go and find some cool cloths and use them as the pocket bags instead of going plain white. like how sugarcane does it with edo ai and stuff.

i'm actually thinking of taking apart some of my old flannel pajamas or dress shirts i don't wear much anymore.

i guess what's important here is to pick a material with enough durability. anything else i should be concerned about?

and poly, good to know it wasn't just me.

Yeah I've stopped putting my hands in my sammy contest jeans. I hate it!

chicken, when you find the material you want, bring it to me and i'll do it for you. make sure you have enough material. pocket bags take more material than you would think. if the material is too thin, i could double it up with twill that i have.

the white twill is material i bought just for heavy-duty pocket bags.

yeah, steinlauf and stoller is a place most people go to to get their rivets done.

they won't take ther rivets off, but they will put them in.

there's a lady in the window who's been doing this for years.

it's like $9 bucks a garment though. but they give you the rivets for free. if you do it once in a while it's a good deal.

she does rivets, buttons, lace holes, etc...

steinlauf and stoller is also a great place to buy your needles, sewing machine belts, thread, muslin, and interfacing...

Like that tailor dude in Kung Fu Hustle. Although I don't remember if he was doing the Iron Fist style.

To put this thread back on track, maybe an address for this riveter...?

Like that tailor dude in Kung Fu Hustle. Although I don't remember if he was doing the Iron Fist style.

To put this thread back on track, maybe an address for this riveter...?

Steinlauf and Stoller Inc.

239 West 39th St.

New York, N.Y. 10018

Store Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM- 5:30 PM EST

212 869-0321

but they close at 5:30 SHARP, also, sometimes the lady isn't there. you should check which days she is.

also, there's usually a line of fashion students waiting to get rivets and stuff done.

True , True, hey chicken did you have any particular material in mind for the pocket bags, maybe something other than just white? I would be interested of seeing pics of this whole process.

since my omnigods have orange selvage lines, i was thinking of taking apart my old japanese orange shirt (with white polka dots) i have. the shirt's too big for me and it might be a great use for this. feels like the material's tough enough, too, but i guess we shall see.

I have an entirely different front pocket bag issue...

I wear my jeans on the tight side and I keep a mobile phone in my right pocket.. i get between 20 and 50 phone calls a day and every time i reach into my pocket to get my phone it not only exfoliates the top of my right hand but also destroys the area which the pocket bag is attatched to the denim.

So what i've got now is a pocket bag that's barely hanging on and sometimes if i reach for the phone fast enough my hand goes into the jeans (not into the pocket..)..

What's my point? i have no idea. but i'm getting this repaired next week at our tailor..

Iron Heart has recently told me that they have put "indestructable pocket bags" on their new run of 634s jeans that we got, nobody has had them long enough to see if they actually last any longer, so we'll see...

Speaking of pocket bags.. Houndstooth pocket bags, coming soon.. SEXSC..

I have an entirely different front pocket bag issue...

I wear my jeans on the tight side and I keep a mobile phone in my right pocket.. i get between 20 and 50 phone calls a day and every time i reach into my pocket to get my phone it not only exfoliates the top of my right hand but also destroys the area which the pocket bag is attatched to the denim.

So what i've got now is a pocket bag that's barely hanging on and sometimes if i reach for the phone fast enough my hand goes into the jeans (not into the pocket..)..

What's my point? i have no idea. but i'm getting this repaired next week at our tailor..

could you please post some pics if you go through this process?

Yo, is this a thread about front pocket repair or how to hop on Miz's cock?

Just kidding, just jealousy…

By the way, Miz can cook up an awesome curry too…

oh yeah, we're all riding him now.

since my omnigods have orange selvage lines, i was thinking of taking apart my old japanese orange shirt (with white polka dots) i have. the shirt's too big for me and it might be a great use for this. feels like the material's tough enough, too, but i guess we shall see.

That would be really cool. And like Miz said you could just double up on the material to make it stronger. I would +rep for the orange polka dots but im out right now.:)

• 3 weeks later...

okay, so for whatever it's worth, here's my experiment. since i have no experience changing an entire pocket and it seemed like such an ordeal, i just ended up doing a quick job on my front right pocket.

before:

IMG_0973.jpg

it's probably difficult to tell from the photo, but the bottom third of the pocket material was already paper-thin.

IMG_0975.jpg

i kept on sewing the hole together but it kept on falling apart. so...

after:

IMG_1057.jpg

i ended up chopping the whole bottom third off and replacing it with a material i took from my old shirt. the reason why i cut it diagonally was so that it followed the shape of the hige in that area, just in case. the shabby needlework is completely my fault. :D

i figured this is a good way to test if my orange material is strong enough to become a pocket. it's been few weeks and so far, so good.