Ksubi ss08

pmpacrmb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this collection is really, really, really good looking. very mature. i love the darker vibe.

i love the space reference, because for the past few months all i seem to care about is space. these are some highlights for me:

4p9blzr.jpg

THIS IS SO FUCKING SICK, THE COLOR, THE PRINT, THE PANTS, THE SHOES, THE PROPORTIONS!

6coti6x.jpg

you know what, it looks like a very big step up from their previous collections, and they probably refreshed their minds after that 2 year break...darker, attention to detail, deconstruction in some pieces and not so in you face, although those oversized tees are a little 'cassette playa'...

very mature.

Perfect description. This has totally reignited my love for the brand.

They haven't done a complete 180, just really refined their asthetic - the designs seem so much more considered and resolved.

This has totally made my day, +rep to pmp....

The mens boots / shoes are killer.

I wish I could remember who it was, OMC, but there was another designer whose last season was essentially these exact same "space" type prints and similiar sort of ideas. A very small, independent designer. He had a weird name, that's all I remember. I have to say I liked his prints better, but his silhouettes were too outrageously "spacey" to appeal to me.

Again though... I need those boots. Do they produce / sell the shoes, or just the clothes?

The mens boots / shoes are killer.

I wish I could remember who it was, OMC, but there was another designer whose last season was essentially these exact same "space" type prints and similiar sort of ideas. A very small, independent designer. He had a weird name, that's all I remember. I have to say I liked his prints better, but his silhouettes were too outrageously "spacey" to appeal to me.

Again though... I need those boots. Do they produce / sell the shoes, or just the clothes?

was it romain kremer? http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=26836

his stuff is very spacey...well his SS07 collection...

pretty cool integration of different styles. a few of the looks kinda remind me of a darker c.neeon (maybe it's the print leggings)... some of it's completely random... but i love most of it. especially this:

img_67821_slideshowMain.jpg

interesting.. the only critique I have right now is that the whole collection is maybe a bit too all over the place. dont know though, maybe thats not such a bad thing.

I liked these too:

img_69571_slideshowMain.jpgimg_69781_slideshowMain.jpg

img_70561_slideshowMain.jpgimg_68211_slideshowMain.jpg

interesting.. the only critique I have right now is that the whole collection is maybe a bit too all over the place. dont know though, maybe thats not such a bad thing.

I liked these too though:

img_69781_slideshowMain.jpg

img_70561_slideshowMain.jpg

Agree with you,

I would add these too :

img69241kz0.jpg

img69371dx6.jpg

some of the stuff is ok but i'm still convinced tsubi is dead. at least here in aus.

I definitely believe Ksubi can come back and surprise people again. Keep in mind that they've been clogged with distractions and internal turmoil the last couple of years. I'm excited to see what is going to come from them in the future, and I hope they get back to being as creative and groundbreaking as they were 3-4 years ago.

I'm sorry, but seriously, the boots are amazing. Am I going to have to sell a kidney for these things?

I didnt notice that you asked about the shoes before.

I know ksubi hasn't previously produced shoes, they do sell some in their Sydney store but they are from a different label and they don't resemble the style of the ones in the show at all.

Will make some enquires when I get a chance and let you know if I come up with anything.

woah, they really have moved direction since they started dragging jeans behind their car... I think there are some nice pieces here, and I look forward to seeing them in person... Expect to see a big move from ksubi / tsubi overseas in the future...

Hodge to take Ksubi overseas : 02-May-2007

Australian denim label Ksubi has enlisted Quicksilver Europe co-founder, Harry Hodge, to lift its profile in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London. Ksubi jeans and T-shirts are already sold at Barney's Department Stores in New York and Selfridges and Harvey Nichols in London, but Hodge hopes to transform it into an international brand in his new role as executive chair. He has acquired a minority shareholding in the label.

this is the kind of stuff i wish i was wearing right now...

lets start a company, call it bsuki, get sued, changed the name to ksuki,

copy their designs, get sued again, and get hired as designers for Forever 21.

yeah i really appreciate this colletion. i saw a few pieces in person and they fit awesome. i was wondering though, what kind of shoes do you wear with the "double shorts" from this collection? (two pairs of shorts sewn together so that the bigger pair on top sags in the front) i'm in so much love with these shorts i think i have to go buy them and then figure what shoes to wear with them later.