sign of the (new york) times

ABELnyc

if you live in NY and you know CBS FM 101.1, the best, dope-inest, no-jokinest oldies (50s, 60s and 70s) station around, well they just changed their format.

they were with that format for over 30 years. this is unbelievable...shit i am gettin fucking old, man.

this has already made radio and newspaper headlines. now it's called Jack FM? sounds like some wack new emcee. what a shame.

oh, well.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

are you serious? JACK FM? we have one here in toronto as well! we had a pretty dope radio station that played quite a bit of hip hop/r&b and then one day *POOF* it became JACK FM. their slogan is "playing what we want". it is absolutely THE worst radio station. i wonder if your radio station is affiliated with our lame one.

"i know you and you know me... it's the sob story, the sob story"

If you know your way around the radio biz, CBS/Infinity radio took radio stations that had different formats/low ratings and either turned them into the more popular LIVE alternative talk format, or in your case the focus grouped JACK FM. I live in Dallas, one of the flagship markets for CBS/Infinity radio. We have the LIVE, JACK, oldies, and soft rock formats, altough I'm surprised they didn't keep the flagship oldies station in New York.

If you know your way around the radio biz, CBS/Infinity radio took radio stations that had different formats/low ratings and either turned them into the more popular LIVE alternative talk format, or in your case the focus grouped JACK FM. I live in Dallas, one of the flagship markets for CBS/Infinity radio. We have the LIVE, JACK, oldies, and soft rock formats, altough I'm surprised they didn't keep the flagship oldies station in New York.