How to beat customs / import tax ?

xanaxx

I'm in the middle of a yahoo auction japan transaction (via proxy bidder) and would like to know what is the best shipping method to beat import tax duties...

declare low value?

does shipping as gift work well?

any tips welcome!

I live in Sweden.

PS: I'm also looking to purchase a new laptop from the US..

I believe we have a similar customs system here in the neighbor. basically they inspect packages randomly but systemically pick up more valuable ones to be declared. just ask the sender to mark a low value such as $50 USD. here, gift means pretty much nothing, if it has commercial value it has commercial value so marking the value down is the only options.

alos, might be worth writing "used clothing" on the declaration form incase customs inspect it anyways.

- A big person

- A balloon

- Lots of lube

- Hope they won't do random rectal checks at customs

Not sure about your country, but for Canada, apparently if the sender includes your phone number and marked it as a gift with a low value, it'll be good. But Canadian customs is fucked so you never know.

- A big person

- A balloon

- Lots of lube

- Hope they won't do random rectal checks at customs

That won't work for UK... They fucking x-rayed my shoes. I half expected them to ask me to bend over after a guy had frisked me in some pretty personal places.

I get my packages shipped witha $50 dollar value and marked as a gift to the UK usually, this is low enoiugh that customs won't inspect it but high enough that the posties realize your going to be pissed off if its damaged or and ensure its not lost. ( well this is my thoery anyway- seems to works well sofar)

Hmm, i don't know if i should even post this...

I don't know about wherever you guys lived, but once I had a set of rims sent over from Japan. They were valued at way over the customs limit and I didn't want to low ball on this incase they got fucked up in transit. Anyway, I took a reciept and photoshopped it to look like the wheel had been purchased here (wherever that is), and I was sending it back due to warranty issues. The thing is, once you pay tax on something, you shouldn't have to pay tax on it again. Anyway, i walked out without having to pay anything. You could try something similar.

Hmm, i don't know if i should even post this...

I don't know about wherever you guys lived, but once I had a set of rims sent over from Japan. They were valued at way over the customs limit and I didn't want to low ball on this incase they got fucked up in transit. Anyway, I took a reciept and photoshopped it to look like the wheel had been purchased here (wherever that is), and I was sending it back due to warranty issues. The thing is, once you pay tax on something, you shouldn't have to pay tax on it again. Anyway, i walked out without having to pay anything. You could try something similar.

Brilliant. Going to look into this for my summer mods :D

well..usually i will ask the proxy or buyer to mark

"gift"

"used jeans clothes"

take out the tags (if u can, once i have ask the proxy to hide the tag at jeans's pocket, but the custom found out that too and took it out..charged me 90 CDN)

"mark down the cost of the garment..like 500 jeans write it 50. it works sometimes

i even tried once with a "fake" birthday gift card inside, because i was shipping 3 shoes and 2 jkt..but still end up with some customs...so..

i guess "GIFT" not gona work...ha!