IDentifying Fake Visvim Backpack

fogg

The guy has de-registered himself on eBay now. I think thats a pretty clear admission that the bags are fake.

I assume ebay flagges his account because of the dispute. you did the right thing, to me the bag looked completely fake.

and its useless and obnoxious for the seller to start making stupid claims or request positive feedback. details on the bag were off, non-existing color, wrong label on front of the bag, weird looking tag...

The other Visvim bag up on ebay now from another seller definitely looks fake as well. The pictures look like they were taken at the same place the pictures of my bag were taken. What makes this odd is the pictures in the auction up now are actually tagged with the sellers ID. I guess whoever is producing these is also supplying sellers with tagged pics too.

I suggest you just report these to ebay, surprisingly, they actually react to the reports and remove the stuff. in the item description, go to Report item at the bottom. choose Counterfeit and copyright violations > Potential trademark infringement > Counterfeit clothing. on the next page, click the e-mail us link and it'll go to the report sending page.

One word of advice:

Flushing, NY is like a mini-chinatown.

Most of the goods sold from flushing are fake.

Stay away from sellers from there.

The only things you can trust from flushing are supreme goods

that get listed in eBay immediately after season drop dates.

99% of the dudes who are camp out in front of supreme every season are

from flushing and they are professional resellers.

I have his address from when he gave it to me to send the bag back.

Now that he has de-registered himself on eBay I'm afraid to send it back since I have no recourse if he just refuses to refund my money. I started a claim on Paypal and they will hopefully manage the process so that I can send it back safely. If Paypal is unwillnig to help and the seller is unwilling to co-operate I will have to see who to contact next.

I was thinking of reporting that auction as well, Mike, but will they require evidence from me proving its fake? I have emails in to 2 different @visvim.tv addresses to I'm hoping to find a good contact who I can not only get more evidence from but also report this seller and any others selling these fakes so that Visvim can hopefully go after them and find the original factory.

If anyone has any contacts, either at Visvim retailers or at Visvim itself, that they think can help please message me.

Yes, but its also educating everyone here who reads this about these fakes, and what to look for to spot them. I guess NikeSB.org and other forums that point out how to spot fake shoes are bad as well? Ignorance isn't bliss ;)

never said this thread was bad....I find threads like this very helpful and interesting as I'm sure the people who make fakes do as well...........

True, but there are some things (at least on Visvim goods) that are pretty tough to replicate, like the leather, while still keeping a fake cheap (and if it isn't cheap to make it isn't worth a counterfeiter's time).

The first thing that made me think it was fake when I took it out of the box was that the leather on the zips looked like shit compared to the zips I've seen on real Visvim stores and that it obviously was not ballistic nylon. Both would be tough to fake realistically, although unless you know to look for it I guess you'd be fooled (like a few buyers must have been, judging from this guy's feedback).

I suggest you just report these to ebay, surprisingly, they actually react to the reports and remove the stuff. in the item description, go to Report item at the bottom. choose Counterfeit and copyright violations > Potential trademark infringement > Counterfeit clothing. on the next page, click the e-mail us link and it'll go to the report sending page.

I've reported that auction to eBay. Hopefully eBay will remove the listing. I'll keep watching for others popping up and report any of them as well. I don't know how likely it is that I'll get my money back, but at the very least I can hopefully prevent anyone else getting screwed over :/

The guy selling the fake Visvim bag now on eBay is also selling some NBHD stuff as well that I would guess is fake (although I know nothing about NBHD it seems likely that if the Visvim is fake, so is the rest of what he is selling).

I have now received a reply from Visvim themselves confirming the bag is fake :/

I supplied them with the sellers address and hopefully they will be able to track down the source of these bags.

Here's the body of the email from Visvim:

Hello Kris,

Thank you for contacting us and we're very sorry to hear that you've been defrauded on eBay. We can confirm that the pictures you provided us with were of a counterfeit backpack. Visvim has never produced this item with these color variations, nor is it a piece from our SS 2006 collection.

Again, we're very sorry this has happened to you and in the future it may be more advantageous to purchase items directly from our authorized dealers. If you'd like to tell me where you live, I can find the closest dealer to you carrying our product.

Best Regards,

M

VISVIM / CUBISM inc.

fogg it happens to everyone... if it makes you feel any better.. i dropped about 300+ on a nbhd jacket only to find out it was fake.. a damn good fake but a fake nonetheless... i dont support fake goods at all... but i still wear it out b/c it keeps me warm and the overall design i liked in the first place is still there... and in my case........

i had the nbhd catalog on my table.... hahahaha wow... and when i noticed the nbhd tag on teh outside seemd funny i took a look at the catalog... and low and behold.. i had been JIPPED!

:(

happens to everyone.. live and learn..

i try to buy from legit retailers online or source contacts that live near an authorized dealer...

Yeah I seriously doubt we get out money back at all, I'm suprised though because I did ask a quick legit test on the bag here and it was all thumbs up.

Anyway live and learn, I hope we can get our money back or at least some of it but man I'm not expecting much from paypal even though I offered concrete evidence otherwise.

I have some hope Paypal will come through for us, but I have heard horror stories about people being screwed out of their money and Paypal not doing much, so I don't know how likely getting a refund is. At this point its indisputable that both bags are fake, but I don't know if the seller has withdrawn everything in his Paypal account or what. I would think it would make sense for Paypal to freeze the funds of anyone who has claims pending, but I don't know if thats the case.

Well even if we win the case if the guy has no funds in his paypal account then we're screwed, Paypal can't take the money from his bank account unless he's wired it as back or primary source. I think he's ;clever' enough first by deregistering his account and then arguing against the case so allowing Paypal to investigate which will take a further 30 days by that timeall his funds would be gone.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I'm hoping someone here can help me. My Paypal claim for this fake bag has come up now and they are asking for a fax from someone who can be called an expert on Visvim confirming that the bag is fake.

I have had someone from Visvim itself confirm for me via email the bag is fake (his email is earlier in this thread), but that is not enough for Paypal. I've emailed the same guy about sending a fax to Paypal, but he hasn't got back to me and I need to have the fax sent to them by June 4. If anyone here can help me out with getting a fax from an expert on Visvim fakes, please send me a PM.

I can send pictures for anyone to examine - all I need is their expert opinion on whether the bag is fake. Since Visvim itself has confirmed the bag is fake, it shouldn't be that big of a problem to confirm through a third party.

Thanks!

i'm sure if you call an authorized Visvim dealer and explain the situation to them, they'll be willing to send the fax for you. Paypal most likely has some standard about third party opinion so i would make sure the fax is from someone who is connected to the brand one way or the other.

If you used a credit card I suggest you call the credit card company and dispute the charge from Paypal. When things are legit, Paypal is great, but any hiccup means you money is in limbo. Most credit issues are aware of this, so unless you used some junky card, then you should get your money back.