TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

how can i cheat myself through an ecom exam worth 70 percent of the final mark?

oh...and if i dont pass i never graduate.

oh and my fucking piece of shit ikea bed is broke

fix all of this and i will buy you a coke or coke....your pic.

marc

there's been a strange vibe at a lot of shows in the city lately, im not sure what it is

but if people aren't prepared to deal with anything and everything that may happen, THEY DONT HAVE TO STAND IN THE FUCKING FRONT ROW. jesus christ that fat girl who wears way too much makeup, who ive seen at a handful of shows lately, is always in the front and gets all bent out of shape if anyone starts moving, and its so ridiculously annoying

but anyways, bbq did slay. amazing set, fun crowd minus a few shitheads, i sincerely hope king khan and bbq make it back here together soon

hocus, i just went to tortilla flats for the first time. i really want to see that patio full on a saturday night. after going to a few bars and club nights in toronto, i'm still convinced there's no better bar in ontario than dirty Absinthe.

clopek and i saw the chick from crystal castles today at...that dj store on queen west whose name i cannot remember...getting her photo taken for some spread in a magazine

and tortilla flats jalapeno poppers > sneak's jalapeno poppers, for the record.

guessing Moog Audio.. girl from CC a cutie either way

We went to a party with her in Montreal, she's really scary looking.

Like, genuinely terrifying.

There aren't many good bars in Toronto, seriously.

A few of the event nights are okay, I'm always down for getting wrecked at Unit, or Chelsea Room when there's a decent event.

i went to tortilla flats like two summers ago n it was real good.

But i think the one i went to is closed down now. I went to the one by spadina and queen... but havent seen it there... i know theres still the one closer to bathurst tho right?

YAY for being done school!

it's still at queen & spadina, close to da zone.

and i thought the girl from cc was cute, save for her little eye twitch

so apparently every store in toronto got shafted by every designer ever this season

geller at tnt is unlikely according the asian guy who's name i forget, and vibskov at delphic is many moons late because apparently their order never actually went through

but on the plus side, i'm saving (some) money

so apparently every store in toronto got shafted by every designer ever this season

geller at tnt is unlikely according the asian guy who's name i forget, and vibskov at delphic is many moons late because apparently their order never actually went through

but on the plus side, i'm saving (some) money

geller arrived at TNT according to their blog?

Pullover dress shirts in short and l/s, sleevless cardi's, grosgrain 3pc suits, v-neck leather hunting jacket, purple leather inserts jacket (which is fucking SEX), a trenchcoat, double sleeve tees, a regular button up, grey jeans (jean quality is amazing, fabric is beautiful) also cotton jean cut trousers.

There were three ways to buy this collection, the drapey stuff (beuys inspired), the neon and jersey stuff (california 80's skate culture inspired) and classic geller stuff. The buy is probably 2/3rds geller 1/3rd drapey. VERY different from Blackbirds buy, and in my opinion, far better.

yo bone my bad for not replying to your pm

from what i remember

2-3 button ups

v-neck leather strappy jacket

thin purple bomber-ish jacket

tan colored trench

grosgrain (sp?) blazer

grey thin lapel blazer

no accesories

edit : hali beat me to it

Also I believe they got the dinner jacket but sold it already, I could be wrong, but back when I worked there Jason said they were getting it.

I was at odds with him regarding his choice not to pick up the blue, green, or white skinnies, or some of the tees, but seeing the rest of the buy it makes sense. They're good items, but this is one of the most solid and cohesive buys I've seen at any store in a LONG time, it's not pick and choose, and even the items I don't like work well with the others. This is a buy where you walk in for one item and you end up getting an outfit. In retrospect, the other cool items I liked would be out of place beside what is currently on the rack.