creased raw/dry denim

sorry for dumb ass question, did a search and couldn't find an answer

i've just bought some jean shop denim (ebay bargain) and they have arrived heavily creased, i'm not sure wether these creases will stay and i'm wondering wether i should iron, then soak, then wear or just soak and wear

another qusetion on sizing. i have bought my regular size 38 and they seem a little loose, are these likely to shrink up when i soak?

the model is mens rocker

dsc00060wf6.jpgdsc00061he5.jpg

thx

Guest StuckOnStupid
do a machine wash + dry.

you never really say anything good, do you? why attempt an answer if you are just guessing?

what would a mashine wash/dry accomplish aside from making a nice-albeit big- pair of jeans look like a pair of whatever jeans? they are fucking sanforized, just like 90% of the dry denim in production that is not jap/repro. even if a minimal amount shrinking woulkd occur, he could accomplish it from a hot soak/dry.

I would hot soak with VERY minimal water , like just enough to cover each side individually - bout an hour , then add cold for another hour - just enough to double up the hot .

Inside out ..

Then hang dry and iron them inside out just to get the creases out fully .

Then wear when barely any moisture left til dry ... and beyond ....

you never really say anything good, do you? why attempt an answer if you are just guessing?

what would a mashine wash/dry accomplish aside from making a nice-albeit big- pair of jeans look like a pair of whatever jeans? they are fucking sanforized, just like 90% of the dry denim in production that is not jap/repro. even if a minimal amount shrinking woulkd occur, he could accomplish it from a hot soak/dry.

there's really nothing wrong with his reply there, acheywood, so get off your high horse.

a machine wash/dry will not make the OP's jeans look much different from what they look like now, except they'll be uncreased, a little more hairy, and maybe start to rope at the hem. jean shops aren't 501STFs from target - they're not going to lose much indigo right off the bat. they will also probably tighten up a bit, fit-wise, sanforized or no (OP did say "a little loose" not "i'm fuckin' drowning here," so i don't think he wants or needs to lose two inches).

Guest StuckOnStupid
there's really nothing wrong with his reply there, acheywood, so get off your high horse.

a machine wash/dry will not make the OP's jeans look much different from what they look like now, except they'll be uncreased, a little more hairy, and maybe start to rope at the hem. jean shops aren't 501STFs from target - they're not going to lose much indigo right off the bat. they will also probably tighten up a bit, fit-wise, sanforized or no (OP did say "a little loose" not "i'm fuckin' drowning here," so i don't think he wants or needs to lose two inches).

Student parking lot.

3:30 PM.

You are SO fucking dead.

I would just return them. Don't bother with trying to go through a whole wash process to shrink them. People are suggesting ways to hopefully get the creases out. While their suggestions are important, why take chances? It's no big deal to get a smaller size unless you are so childish that you need them now!

I would just return them. Don't bother with trying to go through a whole wash process to shrink them. People are suggesting ways to hopefully get the creases out. While their suggestions are important, why take chances? It's no big deal to get a smaller size unless you are so childish that you need them now!
i've just bought some jean shop denim (ebay bargain)

i don't think returns are an option, mister.

I would hot soak with VERY minimal water , like just enough to cover each side individually - bout an hour , then add cold for another hour - just enough to double up the hot .

Inside out ..

Then hang dry and iron them inside out just to get the creases out fully .

Then wear when barely any moisture left til dry ... and beyond ....

thx for all the input and thoughts guys

i followed numero advice and they are still way too loose so looks like i'm gonna chuck them up on the bay

they only cost £31 delivered so i'm not too pissed

looks like i'm gonna have to pay full retail for my next pair

sammies v ironheart

dunno yet:)