Prada

Geowu

MiuMiu is another line made by Prada...

As for prada and design I do like a lot of their stuff, it's pretty much one of my favorite mainstream designer. I'd say I'm more a Prada guy than a Gucci guy (okay that's so 2001 but still...) if you remember the old rivalry. Now that being said the quality and pricing varies a lot so you can get a cheap poly blend suit from Prada and an amazing one made from a wonderful batch of english wool they bough recently to make some retro looking designs.

I think they play an important role in international fashion. Their bags are in high demand and they provide some good qualities on the catwalk. But I'm mostly diggin' their accesories as they, I believe, are both of high quality and their logoing is discreet.

Denim Fanatismé. The Arc, 2005. Lee151Z Clear Pocket - Wish'a'knew.

Prada's sportswear themed stuff is pretty corny as hell, especially with the bullshit blingy rubber red tags everywhere. Aside from the logo-y crap however their more 'dressy' attire is still what they do best (slim suits, dress shirts, and ties to trenches and sweaters). Their collection especially this season seems to be one of the best mod-ish themed collections I've seen for Prada yet. Very well conceived over all. Very stylish skinny suits and especially cool watches. Personally I think the new direction they've been heading in for the past couple of years is far better than the standard charcoal/black/blue everything they'd been doing years before.

In regards to Miu Miu... Miu miu would seem to be Prada's more creative line with even more of a mod theme running through most of the current pieces. Bold patterened super-slim shirts and matching ties were the lines most popular features. Most of the stuff from Miu miu I've seen this season however seems to be more on the casual side.

Edited by Circa on May 28, 2005 at 01:47 AM

- -----

I've always been a Prada whore.

I think Prada for me is about the experience of purchasing the Prada. Like I don't think it's possible to step foot into one of Rem Koolhaas' crack house chic multi million dollar technology fests and not buy.

On the flipside I have to say I prefer Miu Miu to Prada. Largely cause it's cheaper, but also cause it's younger, fresher and has more attitude. Prada sometimes feels very dated to me, very early 80's late 70's. Which I don't mind, but still sometimes I want something fresh.

And while Miu Miu may not be the most progressive label out there, I still appreciate where they are going.

- -----

[everything is insanity and I have a headache]

Quote:
Quote:

how do you people feel abput HUGO BOSS?

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on May 28, 2005 02:37 AM

hugo boss is crap, bad quality, cheap production etc etc.. and they made the SS uniforms in WWII...

--- Original message by benzak on May 28, 2005 10:21 AM

The SS uniforms were great design and amazing quality though.....but I get your point. Hugo boss has the Baldessarini line which is great but very costly. Boss is very well positionned as "accessible" designer clothing and that's why they've got some big market shares. Most customers don't see where the additional $500-1000 they'd pay to get a higher quality designer suit from another label goes so Boss is a great buy for them. On a personal level I can't wear the few pieces a like because they're usually too boxy.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

how do you people feel abput HUGO BOSS?

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on May 28, 2005 02:37 AM

hugo boss is crap, bad quality, cheap production etc etc.. and they made the SS uniforms in WWII...

--- Original message by benzak on May 28, 2005 10:21 AM

The SS uniforms were great design and amazing quality though.....but I get your point. Hugo boss has the Baldessarini line which is great but very costly. Boss is very well positionned as "accessible" designer clothing and that's why they've got some big market shares. Most customers don't see where the additional $500-1000 they'd pay to get a higher quality designer suit from another label goes so Boss is a great buy for them. On a personal level I can't wear the few pieces a like because they're usually too boxy.

--- Original message by Fuuma on May 28, 2005 01:41 PM

I know Hugo Boss has some good stuff, otherwise they wouldn't be that big. But somehow I despite the brand, and after visiting a production company in the Czech Republic my opinion has not been changed... This company produced suits for a couple of brands, including Hugo Boss. Boss was definately the most expensive brand, at least 100 euro higher in the retail price, but everything was made with the same machine, by the same people, using the same yarns etc...

It's just my opinion, I know a lot of companies, like Armani for exampe, do this, but Hugo Boss... I don't know, just don't like anything of them...

In regards to Prada's stuff being dated... When it comes especially to the more recent stuff the aesthetic sense really is on more of a throwback 60's vibe. Prada/Miu Miu definitely have an updated version of mod chic down pat.

As for Boss the stuff really does fit terribly. At least for me anyways. I have a couple of shirts from them that I had to alter quite a bit in order to get a proper fit. I find even their slimmer cut shirts run pretty large around the waist. Overall the stuff is okay, and once in awhile they have the occasional nice piece. In terms of their different lines the Red label stuff is probably the trendiest and best fitting. The Black label stuff is okay sometimes too.

Quote:

like these? did they come with whistles?

ps27892.jpg

--- Original message by killyourself on May 29, 2005 11:17 AM

These are too much but like someone else already mentioned their sportswear is hit and miss.