onemancult

things i saw at Century 21 today while killing some time:

Cloak outerwear from last season

Cloak knitwear

Filippa K knitwear, outerwear, and tees

Collection Privee knitwear, outerwear, and tees

Rick Owens/ DRKSHDW outerwear

Acne denim, knitwear, tees, outerwear

and tons of other SuperFuture-approved goodness.

it was strange to see that much good stuff in Century 21.

so, i racked a thin grey Acne cardigan and here i am.

Guest jmatsu
things i saw at Century 21 today while killing some time:

Rick Owens/ DRKSHDW outerwear

haven't seen anything in a while.

how was it? i hope that darkshadow's outerwear is better then his denim.

fuck which one? the one in bay ridge or whatever or the other one?

the main one downtown.

i wonder if they get good shit at bay ridge and no one touches it since

bay ridge is full of guidos and their grandmas. and asian families.

shit yeah i forgot about that

tons of Costume National stuff at decent prices,

and C'N'C

and Lanvin!

and Balenciaga shirting

EDIT: and there was an entire section of Margiela

knitwear, shirting, and outerwear.

and, some Stone Island/CP outerwear.

and, i'm going to keep posting until i'm satisfied.

haven't seen anything in a while.

how was it? i hope that darkshadow's outerwear is better then his denim.

I've got a pair of amazing black waxed/oil dipped jeans from his DRKSHDW (or whatever the abbreviation is) line, not sure whats with the hate.

I'll go check out century 21 on Sat, in the city for business this weekend.

So what is this place, like old discounted stuff or what?

yeah.... off-season overstock and other lost souls of the clothing world get a second chance there.

its always a crapshoot, but apparently they're well stocked now after stores cleared out for spring collections.

Damn. It's like the Yoox sale, except you get to try shit on.
No men's fitting room though

I went there the other day... I'm tiny though-- didn't find anything I liked that I could guesstimate fit well. poopy. I was thinking of going to one of the Brooklyn ones but thought better of it.

sucks, all the century 21's where i live show movies all day.

lol. I remember when I told this girl I was going to NY and she said, "Go check out Century 21, they have all this designer crap for really cheap!"

I was thinking, what the hell? I thought they show movies...

off the top of my head, from what i can remember

cloak knitwear was in the 100 dollar range, outerwear 200-300

margiela stuff was all under 150, except for outerwear which was in the same

range as cloak

Filippa K was goin' cheap,

Acne stuff was in the 30-150 range, outerwear slightly above

Costume National was priced similar to Margiela, and so on

and so on.

all in all, the prices seemed to reflect at least 40% off normal retail across

the board, on average.

fuck i am all over that shit tomorrow evening. if anything else, the stone island shit is SOLID ebay flippage.

did they have any of the button collar sweaters? jackets?

i bought a bunch of shit in the fall there when they cleaned out summer collections. century 21 is a goldmine if you hit it right, but its always a fucking zoo. the bay ridge one is always way low key, but downtown = tourist deluxe

can you speak to whether or not the bay ridge one gets a decent selection of the higher end stuff we're talking about or not?

also, do pieces seem to stick around longer (and thus get further discounted!) out there?

i'm not too sure as i've only gone out there twice at random times, but it was defintely not as picked over, so i might have to make the trek out there with the downtown store being so solid right now. sufu field trip!

i really need to start doing a weekly trip to them. you could seriously make a living doing it while paying for a solid wardrobe at the same time.

so since there are no fitting rooms for men, are you allowed to just try shit on anywhere? obviously the outerwear is simple to do, but can you just take your pants off to try on new ones?

pretty surprised at the brands that century21 carries. people looking for a bargain running into brands like cloak and rick owens...

Well I shoulda known... just zipped in and out of there to see what Cloak they had, and as of 11:30 am EST today, it's lookin' kinda grody.

There are 8 pieces total, all from SS06: two wide legged gray pinstriped pants, in 30 and 36, for $170. That tarrycloth gray/black striped crewneck that you see a lot on ebay in the doublebreasted military style, in XL, for $100. The black warm up blouson, in XL, for $260, and in white in M and XL, ditto. And finally, two other white jackets from that season, in XS and L respectively, for around the same cost. That's it for the Cloak. The white jackets, perhaps unsurprisingly, were looking in need of a good dry clean.

Interesting that it was all SS06 stuff, I guess, which suggests that C21 works on a year lag, and that long after the store shutters, XL-sized ghosts in unwanted colors will still be haunting downtown NY...

Well I shoulda known... just zipped in and out of there to see what Cloak they had, and as of 11:30 am EST today, it's lookin' kinda grody.

There are 8 pieces total, all from SS06: two wide legged gray pinstriped pants, in 30 and 36, for $170. That tarrycloth gray/black striped crewneck that you see a lot on ebay in the doublebreasted military style, in XL, for $100. The black warm up blouson, in XL, for $260, and in white in M and XL, ditto. And finally, two other white jackets from that season, in XS and L respectively, for around the same cost. That's it for the Cloak. The white jackets, perhaps unsurprisingly, were looking in need of a good dry clean.

Interesting that it was all SS06 stuff, I guess, which suggests that C21 works on a year lag, and that long after the store shutters, XL-sized ghosts in unwanted colors will still be haunting downtown NY...

That's really interesting, when I was there yesterday there was at least an entire

two racks worth of Cloak- a few more items that I can't particularly identify, and at least

some more decent sizing of what you did see- like, I specifically remember there being a S and M of the terrycloth crewneck.

wow! someone must have come in and scooped it up. the only cloak stuff was mixed in on a 'cloak/fillipa k' rack, vastly outnumbered by the latter. I can't imagine there was another rack somewhere else that I missed. thanks for the tip anyway, cult - cloak on sale is always a get-there-early sort of thing...

Guest jmatsu
I've got a pair of amazing black waxed/oil dipped jeans from his DRKSHDW (or whatever the abbreviation is) line, not sure whats with the hate.

I'll go check out century 21 on Sat, in the city for business this weekend.

no hate. i like his general aesthetic and materials, but i don't think that the berlin's acutal cut was that great. i just think that darkshadow's outerwear is way better then most of the denim i have seen.

went at around 2 or 3 and not too much was left...for cloak, there was a black/gray striped sweater in xl, striped pants in 30(which were huge) and 36, and a bunch of white jackets in a few sizes...i was going to pick up one of the jackets in a xs, but it seemed really dirty and the white was turning into yellow...margiela and costume national had a lot to choose from.

there ARE fitting rooms, but i was told that you can only try on pants. i walked away with a fillipa k sweater vest which was priced decently and fit nicely. the females section was better, imo, with brands like vivienne westwood and rick owens being sold.