Good place for lunch in DC...

MAC SMALLS

after you're done shopping at denim bar GO DIRECTLY TO BAJA FRESH. It's right behind denim bar. they're both across from the pentagon. also, if you ever have the chance then go to some random waterfront places. generally decent seafood. king st. in alexandria is either awesome or shitty; it depends. however, keep in mind that everytime i go to dc, which is relatively often, i go on a baja fresh binge. BF for breakfast, lunch and dinner. they don't actually serve breakfast i just get something else to go when at dinner.

Thanks so much guys! I'm plannin on hittin Paradiso in gtown...hopefully it isn't too much of a wait :)

There's a baja fresh right by where I work, which is where I eat very often. I like it better than Chipotle

Check out Teaism in Dupont Circle. Good pan-asian food, lots of tea (check out the Tea thread in Superfuture for everything you need to know), chill place.

Also, Leopolds in Georgetown right in Cady's Alley. Great place for brunch and dessert.

Tryst, which was mentioned before, in Adam's Morgan is good. Waffles are great as are their coffee drinks and chai. Great date atmosphere among lots of mismatched sofas and couches to sink into.

P street around 14th and 15th Street. I can't remember the name of the places but there's two joints right across the street from the Whole Foods Market. Nice place to meet and chill. Not sure if it's still too cold to sit outside.

Ben's Chili Bowl on U street is great. Chili half-smoke with chili and cheese topped off with a strawberry and chocolate milk shake. yum. Beware of heartburn for the rest of the day though.

My favorite place is Rocklands, BBQ in Glover Park on Wisconsin. Hands down the best BBQ and lemonade in the district. I used to grab BBQ and go watch the little league baseball games across the street.

I would avoid Virginia, unless going to get dimsum at China Garden in Rossyln. Most places on the other side of the river are a bit generic. Might as well get the #2 at McDonalds for lunch...

Go to Bethesda, right near the Denim Bar is this french resteraunt called Mon Ami Gabi, it's REALLY GOOD, and at the same time it's right in the heart of all of the shopping streets in Bethesda!

• 3 weeks later...

2amy's is the place to go for pizza. it's a bit of a pain to get to though; right by the cathedral.

tryst is pretty good. i go there alot. their coffee is great and their baked goods are really good. although for lunch type food it's overpriced

sala thai is a staple for me. reasonable and dependable thai food. not the best but always decent. there are a few throughout the city. i usually go to the dupont of the cleveland park ones.

also - don't write off the suburbs. my favorite chinese food outside of china is in rockville. too far from the metro to walk, so you have to drive. definitely check out A & J cafe for fujianese/northern food (i know, it's a weird combination) and Joe's noodles for sichuanese. apparently the best vietnamese in the area is in vienna or somewhere down there but i haven't been yet.

DC Cafe has Mediterranean/Greek food. P street at 21st. It's amazing, well priced and a great alternative to Moby Dick's. Ciao.

i've been eating at this place since i was born. they truly have some good eats (despite appearing a little shady on the inside), especially if you're out late at night, as it's open 24 hours. i work on the same block as this place so i'm always there.

just across the street from dc cafe is sakana, a little japanese joint. they've got really good sushi.