The Perfect Timepiece

englandmj7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pick up england. usually not a fan of Tags, but i make an exception for the carrera and the monaco. did you get the ss bracelet, or the rubber strap? regardless, good choice.

Thanks man. Don't really like Tags other than the Carrera myself.

It came with the rubber strap. Think I'll keep with that one.

• 3 months later...

Personally yes, I do tend to choose which watch I wear with certain articles of clothing. I don't think a huge Panerai would really go with my overall style, but I do like the watch.

I'm thinking of getting a new watch, but have never really been able to bite the bullet in purchasing a real "timepiece".

Suggestions for a starter piece, shall we say, <1000, leather strap, not a big clunky one? Preferably a bit more on the classic side...

I'm the same way as Nairb. I actually bought a fake Panerai to test it out and I never wore it. It just didn't fit into my aesthetic and it felt way too big! (Glad I didn't buy a real one)

Right now I only have one watch (which was passed down to me by my Father) and I wear it all the time. But maybe some day soon I'll get another nice timepiece.

Guest jmatsu
Pics please.

ub_1085-CABO.jpg

u-boat

flightdeck - 50mm CAB-O

timepiece NEW!

$4,895

ub_1175-MSY.jpg

u-boat

thousands of feet - MS-Y

timepiece NEW!

$5,595

ub_1088-MSO.jpg

u-boat

thousands of feet - MS-O

timepiece NEW!

$5,595

ub_1176-MS1R.jpg

u-boat

thousands of feet - MS-1R

timepiece NEW!

$5,595

ub_1078-MBY.jpg

u-boat

thousands of feet - MB-Y

timepiece NEW!

$5,995

ub_1079-MBO.jpg

u-boat

thousands of feet - MB-O

timepiece NEW!

$5,995

ub_1093-MB1R.jpg

u-boat

thousands of feet - MB-1R

timepiece NEW!

$5,995

ub_classico_45C.jpg

u-boat

classico 45mm limited edition chronograph

timepiece

$1,449

red and blacks my favorite of the lot.

my grandpa has this awesome watch his father got from the war. Its gold with with white numbers and the second hand doesnt tick, it just goes around really smoothly. Its really classy and yet intresting, i dont really know the best way to describe it, but i really like it.

• 1 year later...

ze_ha_65.1260.4005.77.C611_00.jpg

Zenith - Haute Horlogerie Grande ChronoMaster XXT Tourbillon El Primero Concept

http://www.lussori.com/Audemars-Piguet-Jules-Audemars-Manual-Winding-Tourbillon-26010BC-OO-D002CR-01-1582.html

Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars

http://www.lussori.com/audemars-piguet-millenary-limited-edition-mc-12-4914.html

Audemars Piguet Millenary Watch

I wonder what makes the perfect time piece? the way it's constructed? the parts used?

I know nuts about watches, but i do wanna learn more, what makes this timepieces that exquisite? that unique?

Timepiece which you feel is perfect for you, is the one and only perfect timepiece.

• 2 weeks later...

My grandpa had this rolex his dad bought him when he turned 18, he wore it all his life. At around his mid 50's he had some money trouble and sold it off to a friend so he could pay for my dad's education. When he was 64 he died of a heart attack and at his funeral his friend (the watch one) went and gave the watch back to my dad, said my dad should have it, not him. I was looking at my dad's watches the other day and it made me all nostalgic, it was way weird.