Sign in to follow this  
dryice

New York Long Island Things to do

my wife used to goto this yoshoku restaurant for lunch for omurice, hayashi rice and curry rice all the time when she worked in the island.

chez kama

77 Middle Neck Rd

Great Neck, NY 11021

things to do in lawn guyland?

umm, i don't know:

get drunk

do some roids

beat up your girl

drive around

go to a diner

get in a fight

go home

sleep

repeat?

you can hit the bargin bins at h&m, club monaco, zara cus long island people buy the worst shit and the good stuff like the viktor and rolf stuff go in the clearance bin.

theres a japanese buddhist temple, forgot the location, but it's mostly japanese people there, but they have headphones with the sermon or whatever they call it in english and there a few creepy white folks there who try to "christianize" the place with singing and dancing about their beloved savior buddha.

theres a japanese buddhist temple, forgot the location, but it's mostly japanese people there, but they have headphones with the sermon or whatever they call it in english and there a few creepy white folks there who try to "christianize" the place with singing and dancing about their beloved savior buddha.

haha, that sucks.

haha, that sucks.

oh yeah and I sat through a video of them rollerskating in ice capades like outfits to crappy music praising buddha at annual christian like retreat.

oh yeah and I sat through a video of them rollerskating in ice capades like outfits to crappy music praising buddha at annual christian like retreat.

buddha . . . . on ice!

peter lugers with one day advance reservation since the BK location is impossible to get a reservation anywhere near meal time

really? i've been a couple times and never had a problem getting reservations...

however, my favorite peter luger outing is to go for burgers at lunch. amazing burgers made from the same sirloin you'll find in their steaks...

mmm. burgers. quick OT question: swisloc, best burger in new york?

OH MY GOD...YOU'RE SPEAKING TO MY HEART, HERE...

my friend and i have been known to venture to the far reaches for NYC's best burgers...here's my top five:

1. Dumont Burger, Willaimsburg - as much as i hate to give the title to the hipster hangout, it has surpassed them all for me. it opened after i moved from that area, but i still venture to WBurg for these sirloin burgers. the bread and butter pickles are great.

2. Donovan's Pub, Woodside - Huge, and a mix of sirloin, chuck, and round, so it's a little fattier, sloppier, awesome(ier).

3. Corner Bistro - probably more for nostalgia than anything, it's off and on, but i know the old dude who sits people there, and i love the somewhat fascist nature of the place. too crowded, though.

4. Soupburg, UES - random crappy UES diner with KICKASS flatop grill non-sirloin burgers. the delux is really good.

5. Tie - Fanelli's, Soho and Peter Luger - Luger is probably the better burger, but i used to work right near Fanelli's and would hit it up for lunch, great burger with an toasted onion bun.

awesome, thank you!!!!

would give you rep but i can't.

*EDIT* nevermind, had some rep handy. BLAUW, hold that!

awesome, thank you!!!!

would give you rep but i can't.

no worries, getting to talk NYC burgers is all the rep i need. west coasters can talk In N Out all they want, but they'll never touch the old school new york diners and pubs (like Donovans, Soupburg, and Fanellis for ex.) who've been doing it forever.

agreed, but I was comparing fastfood quality burgers, nyc pub and steakhouse burgers are better than anything and californias cant seem to believe that.

agreed, but I was comparing fastfood quality burgers, nyc pub and steakhouse burgers are better than anything and californias cant seem to believe that.

so true, they just don't have any flat top grills old and greasy enough out there to understand what a diner burger should taste/look/feel like.

if no one is asking you "how would you like that cooked?" you should leave immediately.

medium rare is how i like mine...

thanks for the burger spots swisloc, i think i'm gonna go try dumont burger.

I actually almost bought a place across the street from dumont lol.

medium rare is how i like mine...

thanks for the burger spots swisloc, i think i'm gonna go try dumont burger.

if you go to dumont burger, just ignore the fact that it's an overpriced hipfest...it's about the burgers, and they are great! don't get suckered into the "Dumont Mini" just cause it's two bucks cheaper. you won't be disappointed.

also, i think the DuMac&Cheese could possibly make someone's heart stop. that ratio of cheese cream and BACON to pasta has to be unprecedented.

Big Nick's burgers are by no means the "best", but anyone who loves a good burger needs to go there if not purely for the atmosphere, outlandish selection of toppings, and full-sour pickles in the metal Jars table-side. Plus they have a Sumo Burger....???. Go and find out. 75th & B'way.