How do you guys wear your slacks?

vvoc

i bought a pair of H&M slim dress pants and although they are slim, they aren't as skinny as i have become use to because of my new cures...do you guys usually tailor your pants to get a slimmer fit? How do you guys want them to fit?

Out of curiousity, dior makes slim jeans, how do their slacks fit? anyone have measurements? i think im going to get them tailored and want to know the sizes to tell the tailor, i dont want them to look ridiculous but look fitting and such as well...all help is appreciated, thanks!

Instead of creating a pair of imitation DH slacks from your H&M slacks, have you considered having them tailored for you?

The way I wear my slacks is determined by the style, and a better fit can be achieved if they're tailored. When worn formally, they only require hemming.

no no no, i dont want to create a pair of imitation diors...i just want to get the idea of how they fit so i know what to tell my tailor... should they taper like jeans? flare out a bit? just wanted to get an idea of how dior did it... thats why want to know what "fit" they should be like...should they stack? lol just wanted some ideas

lol i was thinking of another word to use, dress pants? lol... well the stacking was sarcasm kinda, i wouldnt want them to stack... just want an idea of how i should tell the tailor to cut them.... thanks!

If you're talking about length, then the tailor'll be able to measure you up and hem accordingly - just make sure you wear the shoes that you'll wearing the pants with most commonly.

If you want to make the pants slimmer, have him take the pants in from the knee or perhaps a tad bit higher.

I like my dress pants ending right at the shoe, so I'm able to show off sock when sitting down. A straight-leg or slight taper is a must, and never bootcut, which falls into the same pit as square-toed Kenneth Coles.

I actually prefer a regular, slim-looking but still comfortable fit. Wearing dress pants by going 4 sizes down is not pratical, because pants wear out faster, and the stretch factor is almost zilch. Get them in your true waist.

no no no, i dont want to create a pair of imitation diors...i just want to get the idea of how they fit so i know what to tell my tailor...

Over the past few years there have been tons of different cuts of Dior trousers. My favorite is slightly baggy in the ass, tight in the thighs, a bit looser towards the knee, then a slight taper from the knee down. Essentially the same idea as Acne's Mod line of jeans.

I have a bad habit of tailoring every piece in my wardrobe to my exact specifics, so even though the basic Dior set fits nothing like what I described, that's my ideal fit. Wear them low on your ass like you do your Cure's and the ladies will swoon.

lol, im tired of ladies swooning lol...

i want my trousers to fit similiar to this...i dont know what to tell my tailor to get a similiar fit...

http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Diorhomme6&b=14&f=1107980572&p=22

http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Diorhomme6&b=14&f=1107980589&p=39

if anyone can give an idea of how those fits? what do you think the hem is? knee? thigh? the general cut? thanks!!!

If you can't describe it to your tailor, take a picture of what you want them to look like. Put your dress pants on and show him the picture and then say "I want these...to look like this..."