Silas continuing in Japan?

bargecharge

Yeah man, I heard the smae thing. I thought that Union was going to carry Silas's final UK line, but it never came in.

Does anyone know if the Silas store in Japan is still in business?

yep,,i walked past yesterday,,

i didnt go in, but it seemed to be open for business!

yup. they are open.

nothing too interesting though. just logo hoodies and shit.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who wants to make a minimum order of £10,000 and pay shipping from Japan.

Can't see anyone doing it in the U.K. especially now the original designers have moved on. As a replacement graphically Alakazam reminds me a lot of the best Silas stuff.

I spoke with James Jarvis (who is close friends with the people running things at Silas, and if you remember he designed some graphics for them in seasons past). He said that the crew at Silas and Maria were "dissatisfied" (he didn't say that word explicitly, but he implied it) at the way fashion is going right now. They didn't want to keep up anymore so they decided to pretty much quit while they were ahead. I'm sure there is more, but that is the gist of it.

• 3 months later...
I spoke with James Jarvis (who is close friends with the people running things at Silas, and if you remember he designed some graphics for them in seasons past). He said that the crew at Silas and Maria were "dissatisfied" (he didn't say that word explicitly, but he implied it) at the way fashion is going right now. They didn't want to keep up anymore so they decided to pretty much quit while they were ahead. I'm sure there is more, but that is the gist of it.

silas? ahead ? in the last 4 years?ahahahaha

that's just a lame excuse for bankrupcy

silas? ahead ? in the last 4 years?ahahahaha

that's just a lame excuse for bankrupcy

Name one other independent brand that has launched the career of so many people in different aspects of clothing and footwear design and production.

I've a feeling that they were far from going bankrupt before the company was purchased.

Name one other independent brand that has launched the career of so many people in different aspects of clothing and footwear design and production.

I've a feeling that they were far from going bankrupt before the company was purchased.

did i say something that goes against what you just stated?

i am just saying that their last collections were overall uninspired crap.

fuck reading impaired people, jeeezzzz

companies close because they don't make money, not because of some shitty excuse the owners make to hide the fact.

everybody gotta eat and no one leaves a job that pays their bills and is lucrative because they " are not liking the current state of the industry" or whatever.

damn you people are naive

Silas started off as Holmes in Slam City Skates about ten years ago. There are a load of clothing companies/shops that are now heavily influenced by ex-Silas employees. The ones I know of include:

Amos Toys

Tonite

Slam City Skates

Story

Playarea Design

Pointer Footwear

Fred Perry Footwear

Lee Gold

Alakazam