Original late 40s 501s

airfrogusmc

All joking aside there has been allot of talk about the cut of LVC 47s Canes 47s and here is some visual aid to help you see for yourself which cuts are accurate and which cuts are not. LVC 55s are pretty good compared to originals as are the 47 SCs. I thought it valid to point out. It seems to most around here authenticity isn't a big issue but I'm sure there are some out there that it is.

All joking aside there has been allot of talk about the cut of LVC 47s Canes 47s and here is some visual aid to help you see for yourself which cuts are accurate and which cuts are not. LVC 55s are pretty good compared to originals as are the 47 SCs. I thought it valid to point out. It seems to most around here authenticity isn't a big issue but I'm sure there are some out there that it is.

Is there any more authentic repros of the late 40's/early 50's 501 than Sugar Cane 47 and LVC 55 501?

lvc 47's are great. besides this thread coming from someone bordering on 'obese' anyways and isn't gonna look good in them. if you like 55's so much why dont you just wear those and stop pissing in the wind. besides the fact that you can't tell anything from that ebay photo about how they fit on a person, you don't know exactly what year they were produced and there isn't any indication they were made in 1947 for comparison. further more considering you've clearly never seen a pair of old levi's you should shut up about this issue. and as a counter point to your whole thesis on old levis' being baggy and 47's not being authentic, why dont you direct your attention a bit to historical levi's advertising to see how tight the buckleback's are on those cowboys. maybe you like them looser cuts and 55's so much because they fit you the way 47's are supposed to fit on other people and you just fill them out more. i.e. regular jeans are too small on you and loose fits fit you regular.

I was young and skinny once...

It is ridiculous the Levis says that the 47 501 is "A replica of a jean in our archive". Bullshit. No way were jeans that slim in the late 40's, period. As far as how Levis promo materials were in the 40's- a lot of those were paintings, and pretty stylized ones, at that.