JUPAFETT SPEAKS

IT'S FUNNY, I'M ON THIS SITE ALL THE TIME AND I FOUND OUT THROUGH RTHQ THAT THERE WAS A POST HERE ON SF.

THERE WAS A BIT OF A TYPO BUT ALY IS STILL VERY MUCH A PART OF FIBEROPS.

ALY WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDING DESIGNERS FOR PHAT FARM AND STARTED A#. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN PAUL MITTLEMAN WORK WITH HIM AT PHAT FARM BACK THEN AS WELL.

I REALLY LIKED ALPHA WHEN IT CAME OUT. PARENT CORPS DEAD CREATIVITY.

MATHLAB KINDA DWINDLED OUT SINCE ALY WAS BACK AND FORTH TO HK WHILE DEVELOPING FIBER.

WITHOUT THE HEAD ANY OPERATION WILL FAIL.

I DID THE UND/FBT WITH EDDIE CRUZ. HE'D SAY SHIT I DO IT. I'D SAY SHIT I'D DO IT. IT CAME OUT REALLY SICK. TOO BAD THE QTY'S WEREN'T AS HIGH AS IT SHOULD OF BEEN BUT, THE NEXT ONE WE'LL MAKE BOAT LOADS OF 'EM. SPRING '06 I GUESS?

SHIT IS WACKâ„¢

Quote:

IT'S FUNNY, I'M ON THIS SITE ALL THE TIME AND I FOUND OUT THROUGH RTHQ THAT THERE WAS A POST HERE ON SF.

THERE WAS A BIT OF A TYPO BUT ALY IS STILL VERY MUCH A PART OF FIBEROPS.

ALY WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDING DESIGNERS FOR PHAT FARM AND STARTED A#. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN PAUL MITTLEMAN WORK WITH HIM AT PHAT FARM BACK THEN AS WELL.

I REALLY LIKED ALPHA WHEN IT CAME OUT. PARENT CORPS DEAD CREATIVITY.

MATHLAB KINDA DWINDLED OUT SINCE ALY WAS BACK AND FORTH TO HK WHILE DEVELOPING FIBER.

WITHOUT THE HEAD ANY OPERATION WILL FAIL.

I DID THE UND/FBT WITH EDDIE CRUZ. HE'D SAY SHIT I DO IT. I'D SAY SHIT I'D DO IT. IT CAME OUT REALLY SICK. TOO BAD THE QTY'S WEREN'T AS HIGH AS IT SHOULD OF BEEN BUT, THE NEXT ONE WE'LL MAKE BOAT LOADS OF 'EM. SPRING '06 I GUESS?

--- Original message by JUPAFETT on May 12, 2005 12:26 PM

JUPA>>I DID THE UND/FBT WITH EDDIE CRUZ.

salute JUPA!

i got mine couple of weeks ago and it's so sick that i can't make myself to wear it.

it's an art piece [to me] have seen so many crossovers but nothing beat this.

the material combo is well executed and the red sole and beads are the little details

that caught my attention besides the snake. oh, the subtle debossed undftd logo on the heel as well.

really appreciate this well designed piece. just awesome...i would rate it "the shoe of the year"

and no i'm NOT ex·ag·ger·a·ting.

write your own script

Edited by script on May 13, 2005 at 02:03 AM

the Exclusives line looked good, but the Beggars line fresh jive was going to drop was ill...i had a chance to see a catalogue before production, and the clothing was insane...i had thoughts that it would change the game....

if you could let us in on what happened jup, it'd be appreciated....thanks.

SCRIPT

ALL THEM LIL DETAILS WERE FOR SHOE HEADS. THE FBT IS STRONG SHOE BUT AS A BRAND IT'S CONTAINED WITHIN A CERTAIN CONSUMER BASE, WHICH IS GREAT STILL. WE JUST WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING A BIT BROADER IN APPEAL BUT STILL LOOKED DOPE. A LIL JORDAN. I LIL AF1. IT WORKED OUT GREAT. LIMITED TO 300 PAIRS WAS A BIT ON THE SAFE SIDE BUT THAT GOOD OL "LIMITED EDT" PRANK CHIMES IN AND PUTS A DEFINITION TO THE SUPPLY SHORTAGE. TO TOP THAT MAKE WILL BE INTERESTING. THANKS FOR NOTICING AND ROCK THEM SHITS. ALL YOUR KICKS WILL BE WORN BY SOMEONE ELSE TOMORROW IF YOU DIED TODAY....OH SHIT THAT WAS KINDA LIKE POETRY. GAY!

SHIT IS WACKâ„¢

SPRAY

NO ONE KNEW ABOUT BEGGARS. SHIT, YOUR OG FOR CALLING OUT THAT ONE! THE 1ST COLLECTION WAS DONE BY RICK AND JOHN MOORE WHO NOW WORKS AS HEAD DESIGNER FOR MODERN AMUSEMENT [PAID].

THE SECOND LINE WAS DONE BY RICK AND MYSELF. WE DROPPED TEE'S SOME TOPS AND DENIM. SHIT WAS DOPE AND ON THAT JAPAN LEVEL OF QUALITY. WE HAD IN HOUSE SEWERS SO WE'D JUST BE RIGHT UP IN THERE FLIPPING EVERY ANGLE AVAILABLE. BEGS HAD TO GET DROPPED SINCE FJ WAS GOING THROUGH INTERNAL CHANGES AND ETC. RICK IS VERY MUCH "THE" CREATIVE PIMP IN THE SENSE THAT HE'LL FIND A LIL BABY PROJECT, LET HER GROW, FULLY CHANGE THE GAME THROUGH HER, THEN DROP IT FOR ANOTHER. HE'S A BEAST.

QUICK PLUGS:

HE'S GOT ANOTHER ISSUE OF THE PROPAGANDIST COMING OUT

DOING A ONE DAY ONLY ART SHOW IN CULVER CITY I THINK

PRODUCED A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE SURF PUNKS

STILL DOING FJ

GOING TO WAR WITH STUSSY

HE'S A BEAST

SHIT IS WACKâ„¢

Edited by JUPAFETT on May 13, 2005 at 12:18 PM

JUPA, IT'S ALL GOOD TO ROCK THE 'UNDFTD X FBT'

TOTAL RULE ON THE WILD SIDE AND THE REST IS SHIT.

oh i noticed that it's almost like a snake [head]

from the shape of fbt and the red sole looks like the tongue stickin' out.

no!? oh fuck forgive my lame observation... but thanks again for a rockin' shoe.

write your own script

the beggars line was no joke...

in my opinion, they were clearly one of the first to up the ante...as far as cut & sew pieces go, the fall line i browsed through was crazy...seemed like beggars were one of the first to refine "streetwear"...before all the japanese labels started really pushing it...i remember seeing the catalogue and saying that fresh jive was going to take over the game with beggars...even the tees they were slinging were ridiculous...they were done with the same old "graphic" tees and doing things on a different level....that "women and children first" tee was crazy...i managed to scoop a few pieces before the line died...RIP...it would have been a good one....nice work Jup...it's nice to know the heads involved with beggars are still doing big things...by the way, beggars did a corduroy jacket that i still dream of having today...

oh, and in my opinion, Exclusives didn't carry the same weight...too bad...