MA-1 Jackets

englandmj7

I know there is the Buzz Rickson thread, but this is a separate subject. I don't want to drop the cash on a Buzz Rickson MA-1 and the Alpha Industries MA-1s fit like shit.

I know everyone and their mother has done them at some point in time, but I can't seem to find any non-Ben Sherman/Triple 5 Sould, etc. ones as of late. I really like this Hare one, but am hesitant to buy it because their clothes fit small as shit and I wouldn't be getting the 'perfect' fit undoubtedly..........plus, they only go up to a large. If I recall correctly, a Hare Large is still like a US Small.

4hcrxu8.jpg

Anyways, I am looking for a simple all black or all green but in a 'slimmer' fit. Has anyone seen these anywhere online? Know someone who makes a decent one for under $200?

vintage ma-1s are slimmer fitting than the modern versions you are thinking of england

the old skyline ma-1s look pretty stellar

i always see vietnam era and earlier MA-1's on eBay, be sure to search for MA-1 along with MA1. history preservation sometimes puts repro stuff on there for a (relative) bargain, too.

and of course check out the VSJ site and check out the marketplace. say hi to airfrog, chicken, myself and a few other superfuturists

for "fashion" ma-1's - i'm partial to helmut lang's ma-1's. john galliano made one i'd like to try on, and undercover ma-1 from the languid collection. wjk makes some but are expensive as hell - don't know but i don't think the $ is justified.

not another forum... !!!

I don't know if I could even find any of these though.

england----the thing about vintage ma-1s is that black ones were not produced. blue and green are your options

coldrice---i'd be interested to see the helmut lang MA-1

i don't suppose you could link me up or post a pic

Damn. I am really looking for black.

"I bow to your superior intellect. I'm humbled, I'm honored, I hate you, get out of here!"

[good lookin' out, though :)]

and regardless of type, the jacket is seriously beautiful in person. i've never felt a nylon that felt so thick, sturdy and almost unbelievably soft before.

I'm thinking about making one out of a super fine guage ballistc cordura...or something along the lines of an Acronym style material...guys got any recomendations on fit?

I know alot of people here are very fond of the Buzz Rickson MA-1s:

2sbsrgm.jpg

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/buzzrlanding_2.php

Personally, I am more into a contemporary cut such as the Hare one (longer/slimmer).

Funny, I've been looking for the EXACT same thing as of late. Here are the options I've dug up so far:

P.A.M.

32zmm1g.jpg

Visvim (more MA-1 style than actually MA-1, but it is my personal preference, haven't been able to justify the cost yet though... :( )

2rfzhxv.jpg

and this Ashish jacket... which is ridiculous and will as-of-right-now be my next purchase if I can find it (any help locating one in a sz. small, guys?)

2a7zrxc.jpg

(in the middle)