goin to budapest for a weekend

bigsteve101

hey, goin to budapest...can anyone personally recommend a good hostel? also: stuff to see, where to go out, things to EAT, shopping? (not really going there for that but if there is..)

we are a mix of international students...so basically no hungarians/eastern europeans etc. (ie. we wouldn't have anyone with us to translate)

Oh yeah i forgot to add, for anyone that's been there, what's the cost of living like. i have heard it is cheaper than most western europe cities and even come eastern european cities (prague).

I've been to Budapest with my parents 2-3 years ago (so I have no idea where to go out or any good shops). It's a really nice city.

There is a castle across the danube on the hill, which is really nice. You have a great look over Budapest from there. Inside of the castle there is a church and next to the church is a Hilton Hotel build into an old building (as far as I remember it) which looks really good.

The hungarian parlament is also a quit impressive building.

The food was really good in Budapest and as far as I can remember quite cheap.

hey, goin to budapest...can anyone personally recommend a good hostel? also: stuff to see, where to go out, things to EAT, shopping? (not really going there for that but if there is..)

we are a mix of international students...so basically no hungarians/eastern europeans etc. (ie. we wouldn't have anyone with us to translate)

Oh yeah i forgot to add, for anyone that's been there, what's the cost of living like. i have heard it is cheaper than most western europe cities and even come eastern european cities (prague).

i was there in november. really nice city but very expensive! avoid cabs at all costs. there's a monorail u can take for pretty cheap to get around. or, just walk, the city is divided into two parts. there is buda on one side, and on the other side of the danube river is pest. i stayed at the intercontinental hotel which is pretty expensive. not too sure about hostels there. there's a marriot also, but i'm pretty sure it's a lot also. both of those are right on the danube, that's probably why mucho money. right near the main bridge crossing the danube to the huge castel (can't miss it), there's a lot of shopping and places to eat. great city and i want to go back.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...