Pic Request: Faded Black Iron Hearts

lowrider

I'm trying to find some pics of how black overdyed IHs will fade. I've been told that it'll fade into a dark blue since it's an overdye of indigo.

I'm curious to find out if the jean will only fade in the typical wear areas (thighs, butt, crotch, back of knees) so that you'll end up with a black and dark blue jean. Or will it just fade from black to blue all over and you eventually end up with an indigo jean that will fade like a typical indigo dyed jean.

Post up your pics if you got 'em!!

From selfedge.com:

"These are so beautiful, black overdyed selvedge straight leg jeans from Iron Heart in their signature 21oz. denim. These should have an initial quick fade but then slow down as it starts to get down to the initial indigo dye. As usual they look amazing on.. only 25 pairs left in the world, sizes go from 28 to 34."

What it doesn't tell me is whether it fades all over or does the fading focus on the typical wear areas.

the 45rpm overdyes are ring-dyed (meaning the core is white) before weaving; the black is a single dip in carbon (indian ink); these jeans are stubborn, but will yield a nice contrasty fade, eventually.

the SEXIH jeans i believe are probably ring-dyed with indigo first, woven into denim and constructed----and then garment-dyed with black dye (that's why the thread, weft and selvage line are all black/gray)------i don't believe it is possible to garment dye anything without dying to the core. i am willing to bet these jeans will be extremely stubborn and the fade will be subtle-----that said, everything eventually fades, even epitaphs etched in headstones.

the 45rpm overdyes are ring-dyed (meaning the core is white) before weaving; the black is a single dip in carbon (indian ink); these jeans are stubborn, but will yield a nice contrasty fade, eventually.

the SEXIH jeans i believe are probably ring-dyed with indigo first, woven into denim and constructed----and then garment-dyed with black dye (that's why the thread, weft and selvage line are all black/gray)------i don't believe it is possible to garment dye anything without dying to the core. i am willing to bet these jeans will be extremely stubborn and the fade will be subtle-----that said, everything eventually fades, even epitaphs etched in headstones.

DDML got this right.. Iron Heart (and the SEXIH) is ring dyed then once fully contstructed the entire pair of pants is garment dye dipped then heated to set the color. which is why the overdye jeans run about a size and a half smaller, in a sense they've been preshrunk for you.

and yes, everything fades, even overdye denim..

I have no first hand experience but I don't think they will fade too much. I saw them in person and they are like those rocker ted nugent jeans, they have been dyed so it's black all the way through. blue+black=black...

^ I only rocked mine like 3 times and I already see indigo at places... I think the black will fade to blue fairly quickly, like my hands get all black when I wear them, and if I had to scratch my legs or something with them on my fingernails get all black... they come off pretty easily... the blue will probably take forever to fade... I picked them up because I really believe they are up there with the most interesting jeans you can buy...

^ I only rocked mine like 3 times and I already see indigo at places... I think the black will fade to blue fairly quickly, like my hands get all black when I wear them, and if I had to scratch my legs or something with them on my fingernails get all black... they come off pretty easily... the blue will probably take forever to fade... I picked them up because I really believe they are up there with the most interesting jeans you can buy...

yeah.. I know you have a pair of Black Iron Hearts. You have a very big collection to rotate my friend. How's your Jomons?

I'm still wearing my 19cm's primarily, will move onto the Jomon's next, they probably won't fade like other jeans so I don't have to wear them every day, so might rotate in the Fullcount and/or Oni.. IH 21oz overdyed will be worn next winter, that shit is thick... at least that is the plan for now...

DDML got this right.. Iron Heart (and the SEXIH) is ring dyed then once fully contstructed the entire pair of pants is garment dye dipped then heated to set the color. which is why the overdye jeans run about a size and a half smaller, in a sense they've been preshrunk for you.

and yes, everything fades, even overdye denim..

So Kiya, the black garment/overdyeing is sort of equivelent to a wash and dry, except with black dye in lieu of detergent?