fruits magazine.

neme216

when i traveled to japan over the summer i found this amazing magazine called fruits and was wondering if there was anyplace in the united states that i could purchase this mag. i know there were some books issued by phaidon with the same name showing older images in them but was wondering if maybe bigger cities would carry the publication. i sure as hell know cleveland doesn't.

i think that style has died down in popularity.

anyway - it's found in most japanese bookstores...well here in NYC they have it.

they also have like...a photobook that i've seen being sold at barnes and noble.

I always thought those magazines showcased a lot more than just one style of clothing, like from the different districts of Japan; Harajyuku, Shibuya, etc.

And last time I went there, there were still some pretty crazy people walking around, so I'm not sure how much it's died down or if it ever will.

yeah barnes & noble does indeed have a softcover photobook, but it's not the same as holding a magazine with all the fresh ish. I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of Popeye magazine, but so far the closest place I've been able to find it is at Book-Off in manhattan. SUCKS.

I'm almost tempted to call up the american distributor and see if any store in connecticut stocks it. japanese fashion mags are awesome.

yeah barnes & noble does indeed have a softcover photobook, but it's not the same as holding a magazine with all the fresh ish. I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of Popeye magazine, but so far the closest place I've been able to find it is at Book-Off in manhattan. SUCKS.

I'm almost tempted to call up the american distributor and see if any store in connecticut stocks it. japanese fashion mags are awesome.

Asahiya or Kinokuniya doesn't carry FRUITS?

I thought I saw them there before.

There is a site called jlist.com that sells FRUITs....also a bunch of JAV nude magazines if anyone is interested. haha

where in CT do you live, I always by popeye from a store off 5 th Avenue called ASAHIYA ..

so basically, you can find anything in nyc? thanks for your guys help. i was also looking for a japanese men's fashion magazine called men's non-no. this magazine is my favorite magazine, even though i can't read it.

I laughed when I read this....