Who Is Scott Storch? (nice Short Article)

doinitrealbig

SCOTT STORCH!

he's a dope producer, to this day 'Still Dre' has one of the illest keyboard melodies in hip hop to me...when i first heard that my mind was blown. He said it himself best, he can be working beats to a much greater potential but waters his shit down so the masses will be able to digest it. In a way i find that's a bit of a shame...pretty talented guy. nice house/cars too.

im amazed that piece listed banging paris hilton as a reason to give him props.

i mean, i like his music and hes carried dre on his back for a while. if he didnt branch out on his own detox would have come out a year ago.

but boning that bag of aids is not making him any cooler to me. if he released pictures of her scabby vag for the world to see, then id give him props on his relationship with her.

where's that one picture of him wearing that baggy ass track suit?

That is every picture ever taken of him. The dude dresses like a goddamn idiot, but you can't hate him for being rich. If I had millions, however, I wouldn't even vaguely consider Lil' Kim as a potential spouse. ew.

I dont understand how the guy has that much money for being a producer. Star Trek, which is Pharell Willaims producing company, makes 200,000-300,000 per song they produce. And I would say Star Trek is probably the most sought after. And considering that Brook Hogan's shitty album had a song produced by this guy, and I can't imagine they shelled out 200,000+ for a song by him for a debut album by a 16 year old girl.

So, how does this guy have 70 million bucks? The only way I can figure out why he has so many nice cars is that the record labels buy them for the rappers to use in the video (ex: jay z used the bugatti in the scott storch produced video) and then this guy keeps the cars after.

What do you guys think?

I dont understand how the guy has that much money for being a producer. Star Trek, which is Pharell Willaims producing company, makes 200,000-300,000 per song they produce. And I would say Star Trek is probably the most sought after. And considering that Brook Hogan's shitty album had a song produced by this guy, and I can't imagine they shelled out 200,000+ for a song by him for a debut album by a 16 year old girl.

So, how does this guy have 70 million bucks? The only way I can figure out why he has so many nice cars is that the record labels buy them for the rappers to use in the video (ex: jay z used the bugatti in the scott storch produced video) and then this guy keeps the cars after.

What do you guys think?

Star Trak. Not Star Trek.

You don't get to keep cars from videos. Those are loaners. You can't ever keep the cars. Producers aren't even on-set for every single video.

Ghost production, like ghost writing, is pretty common. Also, a producer isn't only getting money for producing a track. He has publishing rights that he exploits, and he gets paid as co-publisher on every track. So if he just made 250,000 for a song, double that. Add in the fact that whenever an artist performs the song, whenever it is played on the radio, whenever it is played on tv, any time that song is performed or played, the record label owes Scott money. These are called blanket, mechanical, and

synchronization licences, and usually a star producer owns at least a 50% stake in all of those.

Getting money as a producer, if you're good, is hellaciously easy.