What happened to Trovata?

shinobi2000

Just 8 pics on style.com? And now another split? What happened? I was so looking forward to their show but these pieces are rather disappointing.

Everyone but Whitledge left, who is clearly the least talented out of all of them. So, now Trovata is a bunk shithouse of tounge and cheek americana wear.

Aside from a few pieces that was a good hybrid of prep and workwear, Trovota is overall mediocre. I never understand how did they get the "Newcomer of the Year" award back then.

I think "mediocre" is a bit drastic. The little details found hidden all over and inside their pieces where one would never expect that much attention to detail were definitely enjoyable and unique to this brand.

I really liked Trovata stuff, but that's because it fit my personal style: somewhat classic American, casual, maybe a little bit preppy at times. Someone like me who likes Trovata is less likely to be interested in something like Cloak which superfuture is allinlove with

I have always liked Trovota as well. All of the clothing has really nice details and I find the fits to be nice. I really like my cords and khakis of theirs. I didn't really care for some of the looks from this past winter though. Many of the prints and patterns reminded me of something from the ski hills in the Alps circa 1978.

I went to a date party once with my trovata blazer with a crazy lining inside.

I took it off and put it on my chair. All my friends at the table were like,

"Holy shit, that blazer looks amazing."

Since I don't get a whole lot of compliments on clothes (cause the kids at my school don't know shit), I did feel good.

• 5 months later...

i dunno just thought id bump this shit up.

im actually loving this brands tees and polos....the tee shirts are soft, and you can usually catch em on sale for around $20-30 on sale....same with the polos, around $40 and still my favorite polo wise.

not sure who in the hell could fit in the mens small (t-shirts) though....pretty much the only size Large tee shirts i buy.

I have a couple couple trovata shirts I really like (one of them is a flannel that's totally perfect), and I have their vans, too, which I love, but a lot of their stuff wasn't so hot. Most of it was too precious and Wes Anderson-y, and I think that they went overboard on the details a lot. I don't need a fanciful letter to a fictional character stitched inside my shirt.

I was bummed when their summer stuff came in and it all sucked.

i loved trovata, i gotta say dissapointing. I just bought two of their jumpers from last season at work for 60AUD each down from 300AUD each their was nothing that really sold well. T's are now 25 AUD from 100. And pants are 80 from 275. Its disgusting how such a good brand doesnt get the recognition from day to day costomers.

Oh and do you mean the khaki jacket with the green lining?

i like some of the shirts and polos but overall i am not a huge fan. like some of their pants are pretty damn gross - i remember i bought one pair ages ago for quite alot, wore them like once and then fogot about them. i think my younger self was just all crazy over the cool detailing to realise the pants were shiite.

Most of it was too precious and Wes Anderson-y, and I think that they went overboard on the details a lot. I don't need a fanciful letter to a fictional character stitched inside my shirt.

nailed it.

the whole maine-meets-new-york aesthetic isn't for everyone, and definitely not for me. too preppy.

i havent seen the new trovata stuff yet, but ive liked some of their stuff in the past and for me the fit on some of their stuff seems better than most brands.

One thing i have noticed though, it seems i see the aussie members of this board wearing/selling in supermarket Trovata more than others... was/is trovata rather popular/hyped in Australia?

He's in that new Hairspray joint.

some of the new trovata stuff is real nice

a dark heathered grey jersey cardigan with white buttons/snaps

blue with white stripes wool/cashmere sweater with leather buttons on the neck

bunch of other stuff i can't remember

nothing i'd really wear but it looks good.

Agreed, just basic stuff and cardies.

I don't really seen any relation between Trovata and B.Son..