Superstyle Questionnaire

fade to black2

it would be kind of nice, if people elaborated on their style icons. kind of like how minay did. like why? or more specific imagery. just for fun of course.

Style icon(s): modern streetwear meets the originators -- original skinheads, rudeboys, paul weller, slaughter and the dogs, 90s crust punk, the depressions, carnaby st... blah blah

growing up i was always into metal from like the 2nd grade on. i remember my old babysitter bringing over metal videos on vhs all the time. i was always into the rebellious aspect of the music - how my parents wouldn't buy it for me, etc. when i discovered punk in like 5th or 6th grade, the whole style kind of blew me away. it had something a little heavier those earlier metal bands didn't. stemming from that, i was drawn to the skinhead/smoothie/suedehead/rudeboy groups in their style - of music and fashion. since then my interest in subcultures has combed across a lot of different ones, but i always go back to the ones that grabbed me first, most of them violent and most of them british.

Favorite designer/tailor:

Signature Look:

Favorite shoes:

Style icon(s):

These are all just, "at the moment" for me, as my tastes have been in a state of real turbulence lately. On one hand, lmaltieri, on the other, Final Home, and on my third hard... Vans. Decisions, decisions...

Favorite designer/tailor: I'm still going with Raf Simons.

Signature Look: Simple. Black and raw denim, slim sneakers. Changing slowly to black raw denim and boots, black and white layered cardigans / sweaters / jackets with "dangly shit." Think Ann Demeulemeester meets Mike Lowrey in a blender with a bleak world view is what I'm going for.

Favorite shoes: MJ x Vans Chukkas / High-Tops in B/W, Carpe Diem / Ann D. Poell for boots.

Style icon(s): Ann Demeulemeester's non-chalance and colors, Raf Simon's silhouettes and the way he uses details and fabrics to make an all black look something more. A dash of Juliu's organic futurism and more than a bit of Aitor Throup and a healthy dose of respect for classic icons of style, Sartorial and music both (especially hardcore and the whole 'skinhead' thing with some gothic nonsense thrown in for good measure), and whatever the fuck that makes is sort of it. That's certainly not all of it, but that's what came to me first.

mlproject reminded be: Michael fuckin' Caine

Inspiring Me Right Now: Opaque + see-through jackets a la Kim Jones / Jil Sander.

nice servo. i also just realized what your avatar was... perfect!

i guess i'm just getting into fashion as a formal discipline. its really awesome to see the reactions to people's work rather than just a superficial nod from the fashion community at large. let's keep this developing.

Favorite designer/tailor: Christopher Bailey, Jean Touitou, Christophe Lemaire

Signature Look: Easy and nonchalant: tight denim, sharp simple shoes, loose tee or slim button down with a cardigan over it. Sometimes I catch myself wearing the same tone head to toe, which is a habit I often shake. I keep reminding myself that color is a friend of mine.

Favorite shoes: Spit-shined black wingtip lace-ups

Style icon(s):Alex James circa '95, Liam Gallagher, Richard Ashcroft, and those board members in my top 5 best dressed listing:)

Favorite designer/tailor: Julius

Signature Look 1) Julius/aliens/mad max/apocalyptic future

Signature Look 2) Formal/romantic/dark/casual/street/smart

Favorite shoes: Julius engineer boots

Style icon(s): James dean, Johnny dep, Robert Redford, etc.

Favorite designer/tailor:

TET/sk8thing combo team, Eric Elms

Signature Look:

Supreme on top, taps on bottom, jordan on feet

Favorite shoes:

Jordan III true blues

Style icon(s):

TET, yosuke kubozuka, the floor staff of Neighborhood, Hectic, Supreme daikanyama and Recon circa 2000.

Favourite Designer-I know too little about designers to answer this one

Signature Look - at the moment pretty much: Red Wings, flannel/denim shirt, cardis/hoods, half loose raw denim, Leather/denim jacket, grandpa hat/beanie.

Favourite Shoes Red wing 875

Style icons(s) Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones and Bladerunner, Western movie - era Clint Eastwood (mostly in Pale Rider, but in most of the earlier movies too)

( Style Inspiration 19th -early 20thth century Americana/ 19th cent rural Sweden. The Japanese take on americana, work wear)