Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

heard your new? edit on thecultureofme verb, love it, very retro

Ahhh thankya! Was just coming here to post about it actually haha :D It's a teaser of a new track :)

In case anyone didn't check it yet, you can listen listen here: http://www.thecultureofme.com/culture/2009/06/news-flashmen-release-new-track-plus-tour-dates-plus-more-on-the-way.html

We started working on finalizing things and wanted to do three versions:

1) Original

2) 80's Guitar Edit

3) Night Version (think Depeche Mode)

Wordddd!

P.s. FLASHMEN LIVE - July 18th @ The Echoplex!

badge.jpg

EDC IS TOMORROW

well for those of you who are going today.. then edc is today

but for us cheap mfs... tomorrow is the long awaited day

i woke up just a few minutes ago 3:55pm, and i js thought it was any other day.. and BAM it hit me

ahhh im going crazy i looked at the site map and set times..dope

EDC IS TOMORROW

well for those of you who are going today.. then edc is today

but for us cheap mfs... tomorrow is the long awaited day

i woke up just a few minutes ago 3:55pm, and i js thought it was any other day.. and BAM it hit me

ahhh im going crazy i looked at the site map and set times..dope

at first it was just going to be friday, but im making a concerted effort at getting through both nights. im already feeling pretty tired after working all week but im feeling pretty determined to make this happen.

will also be going at it without the assistance of illicit substances, wish me a lot of luck.

A-Trak interview for your reading pleasure: http://djatrak.com/2009/06/23/becks-advertorial-in-wired/#more-2044

selected quote: "The very last tour I did, I geeked out on my setup and made it a lot more complex. I devised my own little setup where I used both Ableton Live and Serato to play back the tracks and be able to add filters, repeater effects and also scratch"

wow.

at first it was just going to be friday, but im making a concerted effort at getting through both nights. im already feeling pretty tired after working all week but im feeling pretty determined to make this happen.

will also be going at it without the assistance of illicit substances, wish me a lot of luck.

to be completely honest, making it throughout the night without fashion drugs isnt that hard. the only thing thats difficult to cope with is all the drugged out people around 1-4 am.. and all the trash that you'll be shuffling through .

i find it easier to make it around sober than it is on drugz.

the only thing i worry about is my feet starting to hurt. wear some new balance?

ahaha

Just got back from Warped tour and feel beat as fuck... Crowd surfed and when they tossed me to the front my shins landed on the barrier

BUT Im stilll pumped for EDC tomorrow... If anyone wants to meet up PM me... Limp Wrist hand signs in action!

to be completely honest, making it throughout the night without fashion drugs isnt that hard. the only thing thats difficult to cope with is all the drugged out people around 1-4 am.. and all the trash that you'll be shuffling through .

i find it easier to make it around sober than it is on drugz.

the only thing i worry about is my feet starting to hurt. wear some new balance?

ahaha

yeah, i sort of found that at night last night at edc. usually when you're rolling and with a crew of people you always end up getting separated and it always becomes such an urgent, dramatic situation. if you're a little high and a little drunk and you can still think through things somewhat normally, you come to terms with it and realize that you can always meet up later under less hectic circumstances.

anyway, got to see fake blood last night, fucking murdered it. anyone else hear the remix of the tetris theme he dropped? whaat the fuuuuck.

then immediately afterwards one of my buddies gets the spins from the vodka/blunt combination and becomes absolutely incapable of functioning so i have no other choice but to carry his big ass all the way back to the hotel. and guess what? no re-entry. motherfucker, we were boozing/smoking with a chick who was 5'3 no more than 120 lbs and she was taking in the same amount just chillin. HOLD YO SHIT NI__A HOLD YO SHIT.

yeah, i sort of found that at night last night at edc. usually when you're rolling and with a crew of people you always end up getting separated and it always becomes such an urgent, dramatic situation. if you're a little high and a little drunk and you can still think through things somewhat normally, you come to terms with it and realize that you can always meet up later under less hectic circumstances.

anyway, got to see fake blood last night, fucking murdered it. anyone else hear the remix of the tetris theme he dropped? whaat the fuuuuck.

then immediately afterwards one of my buddies gets the spins from the vodka/blunt combination and becomes absolutely incapable of functioning so i have no other choice but to carry his big ass all the way back to the hotel. and guess what? no re-entry. motherfucker, we were boozing/smoking with a chick who was 5'3 no more than 120 lbs and she was taking in the same amount just chillin. HOLD YO SHIT NI__A HOLD YO SHIT.

edc was too fuckin intense my dude

sorry to hear about ur friend, and not re entering.

what time did u leave to take him there?

after assessing whether or not i could leave his ass lying on the ground stage left at the neon garden, i decided to take him to the hotel around 1040.

last night partially made up for it though. had a great time with some great people, diplo/le castle vania (really) put on some great sets. and of course SMD was on a whole nother fucking level.

how was everyone else's experience? i peeked into the kinetic field in the coliseum for a few minutes, holy sea of people. it was an incredible sight but i really didnt want any part of it haha.

anyone going to HARD summer?

hard is getting too hyped.. i went to the first 3.. nye, hard summer, haunted mansion.. nye was sick.. summer killed.. and haunted mansion was jus FILLED w/ ravers.. its not a rave.

idk the vibe is turning to shit, hard 13 was js filled w/ people whom i cannot respect nor do they respect others..

im expecting this summer to js be a huge disappointment.

edc was pretty much my goodbye rave.

it was untoppable.

so can we just say this edc was the greatest ever... cuz i honestly think it was. i didnt leave kinetic cuz honestly i didnt need to haha.

and my home girl just rolled through and we were talking about edc (this was her first rave) and yesterday was the first time she dropped as well and she said she was scared to go to another one because it was so amazing and i was like you know what i dont think anything could top this one either haha...

im still sad its over...

Major Lazer was dope.......

That is all.

(anyone else see the 200 or so people that tore down the gate and rushed in at neon?)

yup. we were right there as when it came down. they even stopped playing for a minute, adding to the terrible vibe it had already brought with it. just the icing on the cake in helping me decide that it was all a little too hectic. i definitely enjoyed myself but this years edc was my first and will be my only massive.

the line up was amazing except for that ''25 minute'' technical difficulty situation at the kinetic field. i think groove armada should of went before kaskade for sure it was a little too mellow for my taste but omg i dont know what will top or be as good as edc 2009.

went to spectrum festival in sf this weekend, boys noize and phoniex were playing but PHOENIX CANCELLED those french fuckers. 75% of the reason, i payed for that ticket was to see phoenix, i love bn, don't get me wrong, but i've seen him like 3 times before that.

anyways boys noize killed it anyways, had mad debaucherous times so it was cool, for about an hour everyone went on the stage so it was an intimate and fun set

i only went to friday. pretty much stayed in the neon garden all day. i really enjoyed the dubstep that was being played. 12th planet was killin it. the bass was incredible on that big system. and i feel the same way kiefer does for the rest of the night.

boys noize reallllly was super amazing!

anyone else seen videos of 2manydj's new live set up?

lbD_MEqpDAU

-I_P6tHOWFY

really great and original mixing/song selection as usual but i cant decide whether or not im into the whole visual set up. comes off as a little corny to me. but thats probably just me..

anyone else seen videos of 2manydj's new live set up?

lbD_MEqpDAU

-I_P6tHOWFY

really great and original mixing/song selection as usual but i cant decide whether or not im into the whole visual set up. comes off as a little corny to me. but thats probably just me..

yeah I'd seen this. pretty much just album covers with some motion graphics involved, to be honest I couldn't care less but I guess some people would be into it.