Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

no doubt, actually michael and theo both do production for designer drugs but you only ever see michael DJing, i've heard Xavier does most of the producing for Justice, but when DJing earlier this year they had a prerecorded mix and both just fucked with these on stage: http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php

http://www.jazzmutant.com/artists_justice.php

Yes I am seriously considering flying out to Philly for their show. I won't be able to live with my self otherwise. Heh.And as far as the beetroots goes, Rifo is the non-technical dude, so he's on the kaoss pad/sampler setup. Its nice to see them actually trying something to set themselves apart other than just donning masks. Even if all their tunes sound the same now.

when/where is it? i'm in philly at college now

no doubt, actually michael and theo both do production for designer drugs but you only ever see michael DJing, i've heard Xavier does most of the producing for Justice, but when DJing earlier this year they had a prerecorded mix and both just fucked with these on stage: http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php

i want i want. how ridiculous is the price on this thing though?

i've heard Xavier does most of the producing for Justice, but when DJing earlier this year they had a prerecorded mix and both just fucked with these on stage: http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php

I'm pretty sure I heard that Gaspard is the production brains behind it all and Xavier does most of the mixing. In all the Justice DJ set's i've, Xavier is mixing and Gaspard is just smoking cigs and pumping his fist

dear superfuture:

at a justice "dj set," do they play any of their own stuff?

also, i have the option/possibility to go to any of these, pending funds: mstrkrft, diplo, crystal castles, girl talk. unsure where i want to go. decide for me. crystal castles for sure though.

santogold was sweeet.

justice dj set, there's a possibility they'll play some original stuff or remixes, but it's mostly other people's shit. xavier on the cdj's while gaspard smokes behind him. i'd go to diplo, then crystal castles. mstrkrft is shit, i'd rather watch paint dry.

justice dj set, there's a possibility they'll play some original stuff or remixes, but it's mostly other people's shit. xavier on the cdj's while gaspard smokes behind him. i'd go to diplo, then crystal castles. mstrkrft is shit, i'd rather watch paint dry.

i keep on hearing people hastily speak against mstrkrft live but i haven't really heard any explanation for it yet. it should be said i've been completely under the influence of something every time i've seen them so this could play a part, but they've always seemed to keep things moving along smoothly with at least decent song choice that got most everyone watching them hyped...

and ain't that what a DJ (or DJs) is 'posed 2 do?

when/where is it? i'm in philly at college now

it's going to be Making Time on umm, October 25th at Pure

ps.

http://www.audiomidi.com/Dexter-P9597.aspx

BALLIN'

oh and i think calling Justice overrated is quite a stretch, popularity doesn't always go hand in hand with being overrated, every single track on cross was a banger, yea people/especially noobs are all over those nuts but you can't deny their talent in the studio, also there's a short list of artists that have their own signature sound you know, when you hear a justice track, you know it's them, there's alot of recycled trash out there, jus sayin'

hump da bump.

check plusrep noob

oh and i think calling Justice overrated is quite a stretch, popularity doesn't always go hand in hand with being overrated, every single track on cross was a banger, yea people/especially noobs are all over those nuts but you can't deny their talent in the studio, also there's a short list of artists that have their own signature sound you know, when you hear a justice track, you know it's them, there's alot of recycled trash out there, jus sayin'

cosign, ive been in a conversation about musiks and justice will come up and then for some reason they start throwing a lot of hate on them.. like ive heard "13 year old kiddie music", then i'm like wtf????? so what are you saying their influences are bullshit? then i just figure they dont know what the fuck they're talking about. sure they've blown up but fuck man seeing justice's first show in ny 2 yrs ago (i cant believe its been fucking 2 years) one of the best live experiences i've had

dear superfuture:

at a justice "dj set," do they play any of their own stuff?

also, i have the option/possibility to go to any of these, pending funds: mstrkrft, diplo, crystal castles, girl talk. unsure where i want to go. decide for me. crystal castles for sure though.

santogold was sweeet.

when I went to an ed banger afterparty, they played one or two songs they made.

and they (pedro and so me) played a couple of songs produced by some ed bagner artists too

Aside from vinyl, do you guys buy music exclusively digitally now? I don't think I've ever walked into a music store and bought an electro/house cd.

being relatively new to the game and an animal of the new millenium, yes. pretty much me entire library of music has made its way onto my computer.

i really recommend anyone in my situation to make a trip to a record store sometime, though. something about browsing catalogs of vinyl and listening to them all the way through on a turntable really puts you in perspective as a music enthusiast. i want to grab a few records. you know, just to have. so i don't look like a complete noob poser bitch just running everything i do off of serato.

being relatively new to the game and an animal of the new millenium, yes. pretty much me entire library of music has made its way onto my computer.

i really recommend anyone in my situation to make a trip to a record store sometime, though. something about browsing catalogs of vinyl and listening to them all the way through on a turntable really puts you in perspective as a music enthusiast. i want to grab a few records. you know, just to have. so i don't look like a complete noob poser bitch just running everything i do off of serato.

Basically this. It's fucking great to be able to play everything through serato, but at the same time there's an album here and there that is just really nice to have.

Do you guys have any favorite podcasts? I'm trying to find ways to get music besides blogs, which are clearly an inefficient way to go about things.

yo man. listen to bbc radio 1. it's commercial-free and they play awesome shit from every genre. if you are into torrents i suggest themixingbowl for broadcasts.

i'm kind of ambivalent about electro music, but have you noticed that no one cool really goes to these shows anymore and its just a bunch of bros or entry level hipsters? I mean its like that in big cities like new york where the backlash is pretty bad and toronto's pretty bad too so i can only imagine what it's like in smaller places where there's not that many cool people to begin with.