Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

hahah ahhhhh damn

naw never heard of those guys kunk

royale your buddies' mariah carey remix is out here

thanks for the heads on up this man. i can't believe i'm feeling this track so hard... but shit... her voice... i dunno. it's so fucking good.

srsly such a banger, they did it right

what do you all think of spinning tracks that were solid bangers, 2-3 years ago in pretty eclectic sets? is it played out? I mean, I throw in like 808 State stuff and some obscure French stuff, but would it be really played to play New Jack (Steve Angello re-dub) and something like Ross Ross Ross? maybe not the later, but the former is still fucking great. Even MSTRKRFT's Dundun-Dun remix is hot still.

I am playing to college kids btw, very few know their technoz. Just wondering if its considered a DJ faux-pas to play old old tracks like that.

what do you all think of spinning tracks that were solid bangers, 2-3 years ago in pretty eclectic sets? is it played out? I mean, I throw in like 808 State stuff and some obscure French stuff, but would it be really played to play New Jack (Steve Angello re-dub) and something like Ross Ross Ross? maybe not the later, but the former is still fucking great. Even MSTRKRFT's Dundun-Dun remix is hot still.

I am playing to college kids btw, very few know their technoz. Just wondering if its considered a DJ faux-pas to play old old tracks like that.

i don't see why it wouldn't be given the crowd you're spinning for. i guess it could be questionable if you were doing something for some scoffing new york know it alls or some paris scenesters. what would a bunch of electro noobz know between some siriusmo "it's the beat" newer, lesser playted type ish and an old mstrkrft joint?

good luck with that, let me know how it goes. i plan on doing basically the same once i get serato/a mixer/some tables.

i don't see why it wouldn't be given the crowd you're spinning for. i guess it could be questionable if you were doing something for some scoffing new york know it alls or some paris scenesters. what would a bunch of electro noobz know between some siriusmo "it's the beat" newer, lesser playted type ish and an old mstrkrft joint?

good luck with that, let me know how it goes. i plan on doing basically the same once i get serato/a mixer/some tables.

you can listen this sunday 10-midnight. link for the stream is in my sig.

I found a pair of 1200's in the radio room + a mixer, but I feel like they belong to someone and I'd feel lame for stealing them. But I plan on it anyways.

honestly it doesn't matter... tracks are getting played out cuz people are playing them based on hype alone. i think if you're spinning an eclectic set with some gems and you throw in something that was hot 2 or 3 years ago it will be respected, rather than viewed as you being some prick only playing hyped tracks.

i would be very surprised if anyone recognized a siriusmo track. sebastiAn's ep's are pretty under the radar to the general concensus too. in my sets i just play whatever the fuck i want because most of them have no idea what i'm playing anyway. i'd definitely drop MBG & SDS though...that track rules.

Does it actually work now?

Drop me a PM about how your school sets up the stream / etc... if you wouldn't mind, I'm thinking about trying to get something along those lines going here.

yeah its working now, link is in my sig. I edited the original post to the working stream. Should stream well, think its 192kbs. I don't have the details on hand, but I can ask them, apparently we can get a live video feed as well. I dunno how that happened.

honestly it doesn't matter... tracks are getting played out cuz people are playing them based on hype alone. i think if you're spinning an eclectic set with some gems and you throw in something that was hot 2 or 3 years ago it will be respected, rather than viewed as you being some prick only playing hyped tracks.

i would be very surprised if anyone recognized a siriusmo track. sebastiAn's ep's are pretty under the radar to the general concensus too. in my sets i just play whatever the fuck i want because most of them have no idea what i'm playing anyway. i'd definitely drop MBG & SDS though...that track rules.

yeah, well, listen up if you wanna hear me. Not doing anything too fancy since I'm just going off my laptop, but once I get home and have a proper internet connection, I'm getting Serato and stealing the decks here so I can actually do some more interesting shit.

I'm using my padKontrol and an electronic midi-turntable-replacement thing similiar to the Numark Total Control except so cheap that it's literally retarded. Works well for the dorm room. I'm still trying to win another one off of eBay before I drop the name, although it's not hard to figure out what I'm talking about if you're really so inclined.

I feel like there's probably a better way to what I'm doing (sample beds/ drum kits / other shit in Live with Padkontrol) while using the mixer with Traktor at the same time but it works out well enough.

i think as long as you mix in some tracks with some hip hop friendly vocals you are golden, not necessarily just top 40s. villains do a pretty good job with that. i definitely plan on throwing stanton warriors "shake it up" feat. beatnuts into whatever i do. confused, lost bros might get excited at the references to getting high and lighting up that blunt. dumb broads will be content to "shake it like its tropicana"

method man and e-40's "NASA music" might not be all that well known, but the sounds of their voices will console some pissed off dumb motherfuckers. LA Riots remix is pretty killer

i've got plenty other tricks up my vag but dont feel like typing much anymore, need to sleep off this hangover before seeing justice tonight. parrty.

you know who i hate now adays, fucking pitbull

mother fucker is taking every "electro" song and rapping to it, making it hella shitty

benassi's satisfaction, caliabra, and the new cream by fredericio franchi

like, jg for him bringing those beats to the light, i would just play the originals and watch people get hype without the aid of pitbull's shitty rapping

i want to john wilks booth that mofo

I'm using my padKontrol and an electronic midi-turntable-replacement thing similiar to the Numark Total Control except so cheap that it's literally retarded. Works well for the dorm room. I'm still trying to win another one off of eBay before I drop the name, although it's not hard to figure out what I'm talking about if you're really so inclined.

I feel like there's probably a better way to what I'm doing (sample beds/ drum kits / other shit in Live with Padkontrol) while using the mixer with Traktor at the same time but it works out well enough.

lemme get info on that padKontrol. I'm considering auditioning for a weekly club spot @ some sushi bar-by-day-club-by-night shithole. Their DJ is so bad. Can't stick with a song for like more than 15 seconds. Pisses me off.

lemme get info on that padKontrol. I'm considering auditioning for a weekly club spot @ some sushi bar-by-day-club-by-night shithole. Their DJ is so bad. Can't stick with a song for like more than 15 seconds. Pisses me off.

dude are you talking about avenue a sushi?

whatevs. you're in nyc right? you can get a fucking dj gig anywhere. my buddy and i used to do parties at happy endings in the LES and prior to that we had absolutely zero dj'ing or promoting experience. we'd sucked, literally we just played random songs off burned cd's (prince, old whitney houston, pavement, tupac, pm dawn, michael jackson, modern lovers ANYTHING that you could possibly move to and sounded familiar or cool - but coked out hipsters from bk ate that shit up). fuck auditioning, do your own thing, you'll make some scrilla, get bitches, and maybe establish a name.

dude are you talking about avenue a sushi?

whatevs. you're in nyc right? you can get a fucking dj gig anywhere. my buddy and i used to do parties at happy endings in the LES and prior to that we had absolutely zero dj'ing or promoting experience. we'd sucked, literally we just played random songs off burned cd's (prince, old whitney houston, pavement, tupac, pm dawn, michael jackson, modern lovers ANYTHING that you could possibly move to and sounded familiar or cool - but coked out hipsters from bk ate that shit up). fuck auditioning, do your own thing, you'll make some scrilla, get bitches, and maybe establish a name.

nah, I'm out on Staten Island. Its top40's or die out here, so I should have no problem getting a gig. I just need it to be relatively steady. I don't want them putting me on a fucking Tuesday or a Wednesday when NO ONE is gonna be drinking/dancing. I'd rather just spin d'n'b and minimal during the day when its a sushi joint like keagan does for pocket money if thats the case (thats not an insult keagan, you do what you gotta do to make that cash-money).

Anyways, if I can rack up some points out here MAYBE I could get a gig in manhattan, more likely Brooklyn, due to my age, not having a name, and being a laptop DJ.

nah, I'm out on Staten Island. Its top40's or die out here, so I should have no problem getting a gig. I just need it to be relatively steady. I don't want them putting me on a fucking Tuesday or a Wednesday when NO ONE is gonna be drinking/dancing. I'd rather just spin d'n'b and minimal during the day when its a sushi joint like keagan does for pocket money if thats the case (thats not an insult keagan, you do what you gotta do to make that cash-money).

Anyways, if I can rack up some points out here MAYBE I could get a gig in manhattan, more likely Brooklyn, due to my age, not having a name, and being a laptop DJ.

network nigga. SI aint the place the start.

network nigga. SI aint the place the start.

actually, its probably easier to break in out here to do some top40 shit and then see if I can move out from there. I'd rather be spinning "Disturbia" or make a faux-pas at some LES watering hole and play "House of Jealous Lovers" and have people gimme a thats so 2003 look. Narrow-minded, yes, but also a completely viable view.

But then again, everyone dances when "House of Jealous Lovers" comes on. Point is moot.

get @ me about this networking shit.