Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Thing about finding even fairly limited release stuff (I was trying to find some of the releases from The Kraken label who released that 2000F remix of Natasja's 'Idlebrand I byen' that was fucking amazing) is that it's generally a. not on what.cd in the first place or b. limited in scope. There was only like two releases out of however many there are and they were both fairly old.

Also, there's c. where no one will ever download it again so you're just draining ratio by downloading anything obscure or d. no one is even seeding it anymore for reason c.

Basically it's fairly hit-and-miss.

this is true. got a what account yesterday. can't find anything i want. good point about the ratio.

chrisj: you get dibs on my first what invite when i get it

illll-in thanks man. i got this new track, soulwax remix of heyboy heygirl, it's fucking nastay

what's been good with everyone? i havent been listening to 100% electronic music and what not... been in asia for last few mths and havent really been doing my torrenting and adding to my library..

been listening to a lot of chemical brothers, fatboy slim, jazz in general, a lot of 90s rock, just really trying to explore a little bit more.

anyone catch part of the weekend never dies yet???????

personally i think ed banger has A LOT of shit, but they do have a a couple redeeming artists, sebastiAn being one of those. I could conceivably up this, but i'm pretty sure its widely available via public trackers.

yeah, i got to see sebastian this summer, it was all that i expected and more, i had a great time, but as soon as i mention i saw ed banger, people are like what the fuck your a loser u still listen to that shit? justice suck my cock blah blah, cant even get around to say i heard sebastian dj

and at that point i just stop talking about music.

sebastiAn can't go wrong, really. he kicked off the events leading to the greatest night of my life (daft punk at greek theatre in berkeley) when he dropped his killing in the name of remix. im a sucker for anyone who can incorporate those slap-bass instrumentals into their material so nicely.

^ what do you think of him?

i havent heard much when it comes to american djs, but he has to be good if he's going to open the night for yuksek/brodinski am + cobrasnake, all 4 are big names depending which side of the pond your on.

Don't really know him. Had a chance ot see him tonight so i got 2 of his mixes, one of em was interesting, a little disappointed I didn't go see him. Haven't listened to the other.

ahhh...i was disappointed with that sebastiAn release. all those tracks are pretty old you know? just like kavinsky releasing this Blazer EP which is absolutely nothing new (second time he did this). but the intro was dope. i do love sebastiAn though, best one on ed banger even if his material is undanceable.

richie is a decent dude, saw him dj before but forget his set, don't think it was anything to rant and rave about, he's not bad though.

his girl elise is working on some like electro/singing shit as well, so wack.

according to her myspace she's also really hot. i wish i had gone. apparently the line was out of control by like 9pm. such are all ages clubs of LA lol.

keagan-->

my friend has been remixing various death metal songs. he gets a real kick out of it. not to mention he legitimately LOVES whitechapel like they are the best shit on the block right now.

pretty funny to hear someone else doing the same thing. i thought we were alone.

*remains on sebastian's dick for another few moments*

anyone heard this live mix?

http://cdn2.libsyn.com/pigradio/Sebastian-at-PIG-Party-April-18th-2007-Milano.mp3?nvb=20080821001712&nva=20080822001712&t=05f945900b21eba952882

iv been listening to it pretty heavily lately. its a little old and a few of the tracks are a bit played out by now but they're classics nonetheless.

tracklist:

01 Puzique - Thomas

02 RATM - Killing in the Name of (SebastiAn unreleased edit)

03 Justice - Waters of Nazareth

04 Does It Offend You, Yeah? - We Are Rockstars

05 SebastiAn - Ross Ross Ross

06 Daft Punk - Crescendolls

07 Surkin - Ghetto Obsession 2006

08 Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko (? Remix)

09 Mr Oizo - Patrick 122 (Extended Saxophone Edit)

10 Kavinsky - Testarossa Autodrive (SebastiAn remix)

11 Mr Oizo - Stunt

12 Justice - Let There Be Light (DJ Funk Remix)

13 Daft Punk - Robot Rock (Baltimore edit by Dj Tameil)

14 Tiga - Move My Body (only 4 Erol mix)

15 SebastiAn - Walkman (insane edit)

16 Buy Now - For Sale

16 The Who - My Generation

17 Justice - Let There Be Light

18 ?

19 Para One - Dudun Dun (mstrkrft remix)

20 I Robots - Frau (Boys Noize Rmx)

21 (New Sebastian unreleased/no name Track)

22 ?

23 Daft Punk - Rollin’ and Scratchin’

24 Errorsmith - ?

25 Prodigy - Smack My Bitch up

26 Klaxons - Golden Skans To Interzone (So Me Remix)

27 Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte (Boys Noize Rework)

28 Outlander - The Vamp

29 Robbie Williams - Lovelight (Soulwax Remix)

30 Justice - We Are You Friends (Baltimore edit ?)

31 Debonair Samir - Samir’s Theme

32 Daft Punk - Da Funk

33 Revl9n - Walking Machine (Destroy Disco’s Sebastian Edit)

(edit) fixed tracklist.

weidna, latepass on that one. if you've just heard it, you'll probably be listening to it for awhile and then showing all your friends hahahaha (what i did)

it's an epic set, the break down into testarossa pumps me up so much.

can't really give super great house recommendations... shag n scoob

well kinda, i can kinda, here's some french touch.. alan braxe, fred falke, thomas bangalter, daftpunk (ofcourse), laurent garnier, bob sinclair, star dust, dave guetta. out of those braxe, daft and falke my favorites. i've heard dave guetta and garnier live, great stuff to party to but it's not my thing in terms of just listening to music.

honestly id just recommend you trying to listen to older electronic/dance/whatever just older shit, and try to imagine how crazy it would be for you to be part of that whole movement back then.

prodigy, chemical brothers, lords of acid, 808 state, kraftwerk(just think about what kind of sound they were making during that time reference), underworld, fatboy slim, crystal method, and on and on. oh yeah, i don't know how much daft you've listened to but if you really havent given their discography a full run through, do it.

listening to that sebastian remix right now btw hahaha

well kinda, i can kinda, here's some french touch.. alan braxe, fred falke, thomas bangalter, daftpunk (ofcourse), laurent garnier, bob sinclair, star dust, dave guetta. out of those braxe, daft and falke my favorites.

prodigy, chemical brothers, lords of acid, 808 state, kraftwerk(just think about what kind of sound they were making during that time reference), underworld, fatboy slim, crystal method, and on and on. oh yeah, i don't know how much daft you've listened to but if you really havent given their discography a full run through, do it.

fuck yeah. this is the core of my electronic taste, more so the second group of names (add basement jaxx, the avalanches, mylo). big beat is awesome. i remember listening to galaxy bounce and thinking it's the coolest fucking shit ever. it's crazy many people right now have never even listened to any of these albums. so much better than the shit popping up today.

asking who is better, daft or the chems, and people laugh. but that's a serious question...

but i think the lifelike/falke/braxe crew and related are the best thing currently. i can only listen to maximal so much.