Raf Simons F/W 07.08

xcoldricex

nairb - just size up (faust said it worked out for him fine). i'm still bitter about the pantsi bought- they're really great. anyway. i like this a lot- leather is a bit shiny (but that's part of the futuristic look, so i guess i'll just get used to it). love the gauntlets- much more usable than poell's rendition this past season.

anyway, already waiting for this stuff to go on sale/show up on yoox hahaha.

Walter Van Beirendonck

Ann Demeulemeester

Dries van Noten

Dirk Van Saene

Dirk Bikkembergs

Marina Yee

Edit: Margiela is often mistakenly placed into the A6... people usually forget about Marina Yee.

Raf Simons actually studied under Van Beirendonck for a while...

Raf and Margiela sort of make up the 2nd wave of influential Belgian designers,

along with a few others.

• 6 months later...

Bumping an old thread here. This collection was supposedly 300+ pieces. Bblessing just got their first shipment (I'm assuming Atelier and Seven did too, speaking for NYC places only) which didn't include any of the pieces from these photos. I picked up a rad striped turtleneck this weekend, and I want to see what else is in this collection. Is there an online look book floating around that covers more than just this runway show?

Yea I've been trying to find a lookbook online as well but haven't found one yet.

A's first shipment was pretty small, same with Seven. Although some of the shoes are already sold out! (the red velcro sneakers) I'm really looking forward to the two-tone blazers and coats and some of the slim biker trousers.

P.S. Those gloves from the runway show are dope. Maybe not practical, but cool none the less.

it of course varies a lot by designer/label, but I've noticed that a very large part of Raf Simons gear on the racks is not from the runway. for example I've seen very few runway pieces from SS07 in stores in europe. which is why I'm again excited to go to some retailers and see what they have :)

Another thing that Raf seems to do is stick to a color scheme for the runway show but then he offers those same items in an wide assortment of colors in stores.

P.S. I wish more companies would put up lookbook/showroom pics on thier website instead of runway photos.

Cas, I've got four pieces I've picked up and none are runway including this silver cuffed blue shirt. His line is huge like mm which is why you usually don't see too much overlap in stores. H Lorenzo has a few interesting pieces as well as some obscure japanese designers like attachment etc.

I checked out some of the Raf Simons at Barneys the other day and I was quite impressed.

Little rundown; A few suits for $1505 that looked nice and slim and the fabric was extremely soft (charcoal and black). Thin, stretchy turtle necks in black, white, blue, and a shiny black (all $190). The fit on these were great and exceptional for layering underneath a sweater or something. Button up shirts in black, white, white/black striped, and a weird shiny (almost neoprene like) navy. Trousers w/ elastic waist detail (check the recent purchases for pic :) ) in charcoal and black, biker trousers in black and navy (I believe), and a pair of shiny black slim trousers. Two knit sweaters, one in navy with a wide neck and ribbing all over (this was exquisite!) and the other was black w/ a turtle neck and knit detailing all over (his knits are crazy this Fall). Then there was a pullover w/ detail in the middle (pic in recent purchases) that was extremely soft and fit perfectly! They only had one jacket in stock; It's a long coat with the plastic material on the side pockets, around the neck, and has a cool detail on the back of the coat w/ the same material (the coat lifts up in the back and the plastic material is underneath). The material is actually really soft and is a shiny black, provides a great contrast to an all black coat. Buyer beware though, this coat is amazing but the sizing is weird. I'm usually a 50-52 in Raf tops and when I tried on the coat in a 50 it was HUGE! I could easily wear a 46 or 48 in this coat.

Oh they also had the black chrome sneakers w/ pocket in back. These look much much better in person as well. Then a Raf by Raf white leather sneaker (like the canvas one on blackbird) that was very nice and $325.

:)