Shikisai T-shirts

www.shi-ki-sa-i.com

This looks really interesting. I think it's a bit old (2005) but it's new to me. It's a collection of white tshirts with black screens but they all have neat little attatchments. Like a screenprint of a tshirt with a sewn on tag, a tricycle with tassles on the handle, sneakers with shoelaces...

You can order from the Japanese version of the website. So I assume you'd have to use a bid-service/proxy from Japan to get anything from there... Or order from one of the international shops.

the t-shirt project/brand "shikisai" established by the japanese designer-duo Noto-Fusai in 2005, has two major objective/concept.

1. to explore the new possibility of t-shirt design under the condition of "black print on white t-shirt."

2. to challenge the 'shikisai(=colorfulness)' by means of the monochrome expression.

http://www.shi-ki-sa-i.com/english/index0.htm - Product info page.

I like the shirt with a shirt on it.

It reminds me of the Beavis and Butt-Head EP where Butt-Head wants a tattoo of a butt with a butt shaped tattoo on it.

Oh man those japs are so quirky. The shoe shirt is alright, the rest of them are boring. However, in order to fully judge their value, I have to know their pricetags (first year econ: higher prices means better product, duh).

Yikes, higher prices do NOT mean better products. Higher prices mean that there are people who are willing to shell out $ for a particular good given limited supply.