australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I talked to an employee @ the Pitt St GP(Near Imperial) he said GP are now heading a different direction and instead of selling all the exact same shit they will now take on heaps of new "indie" labels as well. He was surprised at the reception A77 were getting from the some fashion "elitists" as explained to him, as he had never heard of the brand previous to his store stocking them. Quite a cool guy, surprised to see even the staff getting tired of the exact same brands and styles coming through. He also gave a plug for the store new denim brand "Standard," i've never heard of it apparently its Australian, with "quality denim + cuts" they're opening a store near Puma(Paddington) on Oxford next week, i'll give them a peek.

Sounds pretty cool, it'll be interesting to see this new direction.

anyway i didnt mean to sound elitist or anything i would still probably buy the jeans if they were a good price and suited me

whats the a77 jackets/non-denim going for at gp?

the motorcycle jacket one is around $445

also all the stuff is April77 Records

i am not sure if everything is labeled as that now...or if there is still plain April77 too...or if it makes any difference :P

Sydney needs a kristallnacht for military jackets.

Take every peacoat, trench and anything with epaulets and burn it.

Then eat shit and die.

Some one buy the $120 RAF Jeans at Incu before I do please.

what jeans were they and what size haha i might buy

I didnt know they still sold RAF there I heard that tsubi has bought the distribution rights for RAF which is pretty weird to me ,so i guess we will see them in the tsubi stores

That's rough. The peacoat and trench are classics. You're right though, I'm seeing quite a few around this year when nobody had one last winter. Still not THAT many. I'm seeing a lot more blazers and sports coats too. Everything seems to be moving to a more traditional look. Anyway... I'm one of the shit eaters. Bought mine for last winter, and wearing it again for this one.

Can anyone remember what people were wearing last year to keep warm? I can't remember anything outstanding, I think it was lots of shitty generic oversized M65s like every year.

Looked at those RMs, what about something with more definition and which looks sharper? I don't like the RMs because they look too much like a work boot!

you can custom order anything you want. Including zips instead of elastic.

have a chat to them instore you can get something kickin made up for you.

I got myself a pair of RM williams with a nice cuban heel.

what jeans were they and what size haha i might buy

I didnt know they still sold RAF there I heard that tsubi has bought the distribution rights for RAF which is pretty weird to me ,so i guess we will see them in the tsubi stores

I could be wrong but i thought raf and tsubi has the same distribution agency overseas? do ksubi do their own distibution in oz or have a agency to do that? perhaps the same agency got raf too now.

Also slimmer profile soles and pointier lasts. You can really change the shape on them, and they're pretty good value for the quality - compared to anything designer.

true

there are a few good threads on style forums about RMs and ordering, they also did a forum special where they sized up in length and down in width to get them narrower.

Hey guys. I know it's a long shot and there's a high chance that there won't even be any.

But I'm wondering if any of you guys know where I can purchase Undercover in Sydney. I seem to recall Assin, Melbourne stocking it. And I've yet to check out the Assin Sydney store.

Apart from that, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some indie store somewhere that stocked it [perhaps not even an official stockist] that I could check out.

Thanks in advance fellas.

i have never heard of it being stocked anywhere..

wish there was some more stockists of some of those wonderful japanese brands like dbss, lad musician etc..

where do you guys get you dbss from? I think i saw maybe james having a cardi on.

Then eat shit and die.

Some one buy the $120 RAF Jeans at Incu before I do please.

Haha. I have felt the same way about fluro for the last few years. No complaints on this end if the wearers are burnt along with the attire.

I like peacoats, and trenches. Sydney Sydney Sydney...quick, latch on to the latest trend (as late as possible) then WEAR IT TO DEATHHHHHHHH

Ok so I am pretty sick of Sydney right now haha