Wiley Retires.

good thing he wasnt that good

you're insane.

i read that on rwd this morning, Wiley's claimed this a couple

of times, but i'm thinkin he's serious this time. all i can hope

for is that Playtime Is Over ends his career on a high note...

i disagree with people who think that Wiley wasn't much of an MC.

maybe on record, but on pirate radio and in a live setting, Wiley

is sicker than AIDS.

and come on.... Crash Bandicoot? that's proof enough. i'm still

trying to figure out the whole "there's no set time i have my tea at"

section.

i disagree with people who think that Wiley wasn't much of an MC.

maybe on record, but on pirate radio and in a live setting, Wiley

is sicker than AIDS.

I wrote a nice solid post and then the fucking computer auto logged me out. Fuck. The above is quoted for truth and accuracy in reporting...Wiley keeps it Gully all day every day...His presence on the Mic will be missed.

Minya:

Get started on these...

Wiley-Morgue

Davinche-Frontline RMX

Big ED- Gunshot Riddim RMX

Jammer-Destruction VIP

Footsie-Scars

Virgo-Clack Riddim

Raptor-War of the speakers EP (Track 1)

Rapid (ruff sqwad)-Anna

Mr. Slash-Concerto Riddim

Judging by comments you've made before, these might be too "elementry" for your tastes. But these are some Classics and Newer Joints that are pretty heavy.

And I'm not a huge fan of Virus Syndicate. Their album was good enough, but I've only listened to it twice...

i got into grime soooo fuckin randomly. back when i was like 16 this random cat added me to msn out of the blue, turns out he found me because i had danger mouse and jemini listed in my interests in my msn profile, dude ended up being a head from england who laced me with a ton of british hip hop for a couple years. then my friends cousin moved here from budapest and also hooked me up with mad tracks

i just noticed the "fucking crazy sean is russian" at the end of my last post too, i gotta stop leaving unfinished posts open around my drunk ass friends

i got into grime because music is a major part of my life and i just happen to devote enough time to digging out what's new and interesting out there.

that, or I probably read about grime in I-D.

all i know is that i spent months telling people about this guy Dizzee Rascal and they were like "WTF what a dumb name, the UK? the UK sucks" and next thing I know Boy In Da Corner drops and they're all blogging about it like its milk from Jesus' titty.

it doesnt take a music genius to htink that modern hiphop is not in a good way, artistically

grime was some kids in london mcing over some home made samples from old skool drum and bass, jungle, 120bps+ and just blossomed from there

fuck knows how it crossed the atlantic though

ps if your into grime, look into niche

• 4 weeks later...
Its quite interesting to see US heads into Grime. How do you guys manage to get exposure to the scene over there? How were you introduced to it originally? :)

having close to zero knowledge on grime, i copied a couple of the artists that Raised listed and tried to track down some shit at some of the local record stores here in my city....i found zero...looks like im gonna have to get most of it off the web.

to answer your question, living in the united states,i first heard about it from reading i-d and wonderland...i think fader had an article on it a few issues ago.

id really like to learn more, after hearing some of the artists its kinda quite addicting.

it sucks that wiley is putting down the mic. like others have said though, he will hopefully spend a lot more time producing.

minya - for something a little different, check out beezy 'under construction'. get it at http://getdarker.com/.

raisedbywolves - 'Clack Riddim' is a tune and a half!

on a similar/related tip, how many of you guys are into dubstep?

hes only stopped mcing, hes still gonna be producing. big shame though, that various production track he did was so sick and hes always been mad live. people saying he isnt that good in here vexes me so bad, just don't understand it at all.

on a similar/related tip, how many of you guys are into dubstep?

raa i'd be at fwd every week if i could afford it. im big into skream, benga and various production at the moment. anyone heard memories of the future by kode 9 and the spaceape? that whole album is ridiculous.

Just getting into dubstep. I got this Rinse set with DJ Tootsi, featuring Scorcher and Revolver of Cold Blooded. Some of the rythms are so fucked that Revolver cant even ride em!! (he's pretty weak anyways). I like the fact that alot of Dubstep reminds me of what I first liked about grime. DARK. Its a bit more contemplative, but that's cool cause I'm into that too....

Link to set I just mentioned. Hop on it before its gone!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7wzmn4ztzi0

Track List:

Vocals

Revolver and Scorcher - ???

Revolver - Be like i

Revolver - RIP

Scorcher - Skitz beatz freestyle

Revolver - Indy rock freestyle

Dolla da dustman - Go skanking

Revolver - Tootsi special

Scorcher - H.M.P

Ghetto - ??? (merlin production)

Devlin - The path

Revolver - ???

Scorcher,Ghetto,Wiley,Skepta - f*ck*n wid da team

Ghetto & Devlin - Hero

Instrumentals

Merlin - ???

Scorcher -???

Skitz beatz - Heard what i said remix

Loefah - Disco Rekah

Scratchy - Stick a pin

Big ears - Big eared riddim 2

RBX - Ryhthm and Gash

Garna - Magic circle

J-Sweet - You mugs

Screwloose - Sublimit

Shotz - Trigger finger

Kronik - Scuttle

Raptor - Da stooge

A2 - Dead refix

Skream - Stagger

Garna - Round one

Ratchet - Bass reaper

Shadetek - Scatta

Shotz - If you dont like me

Ruff Sqwad - Burial remix

Screwloose - Jupiter remix

EVO - Bass

Stikman - Bumbaclart badman

Tes La Rok - Gunshot

Wiley - Nightbus

Kronik - Car Crash

Ratchet - Nasty

Zomby - Spliff dub

J-Sweet -

Quest - Loud and proud

JME - African zula warrior

The instumental set is real grimey...not too polished, and hardcore dubstep heads will not appreciate all the bars about "taking off head tops" and "boring man in the ribs" over their tunes, but fuck it. This is what its about, yeah?

Enjoy.