Children of Men

Aeros

yeah, the quickest way to draw fire and get shot at is to start shooting a gun.

i loved the movie. best movie ive seen in a very long time. this will get added to the very short list of great movies in this genre along with blade runner, clockwork orange, brazil, 12 monkeys, 1984, thx 1138, and soylent green.

besides, cauron directed harry potter 3 which, as we all know, was far and away the best in the series.

the effects and camera work are a definate acheivement and the script (despite some clunky expostion) is quite effective. i loved the lack of superficial "sci-fi/futuristic" gizmos and the burning cows and fox news style ads were great touches.

more highlights were guernica, banksy, radiohead, and king crimson.

also this is one of the few times the movie is actually much better than the source material. the book was ok but the movie uses the pemise to much better effect. worth reading for the different ending and setup though.

highly recommended.

cosign on everything. having a gun is like having an invitation to get shot (tokillamockingbird?)

although the premise is great, i also thought that the book was terrible. the ending of it was soggy, as was the "romance" between an uninspiring theo and julian, who was a different character than his wife.

michael caine is the shit. "pull my finger!," "facist pig!," and the strawberry cough...so genius.

i'm glad someone else thought the burning cows were great. that and the dirty water, and ominous smoke stacks...cuaron doesn't name one specific cause of worldwide infertility, but it's a realistic mystery considering all the harmful things we produce now.