Question: Jeans ripping/tearing/holes.

aubrgene

My Levi's repro 501xx is showing holes from intensely wearing them between my legs and don't know how to fix it. I think they were rubbing against each other when I walk. What do you experts recommend? I'm afraid that if I left it alone, it will just get worse. Thanks.

My Levi's repro 501xx is showing holes from intensely wearing them between my legs and don't know how to fix it. I think they were rubbing against each other when I walk. What do you experts recommend? I'm afraid that if I left it alone, it will just get worse. Thanks.

you meen you blew out your crotch?

there is a machine called a darner - some tailors, laundries, or dry cleaning places might have this machin, what it does is re-create fabric through a simple lock stitch. some denim brands do this darning stitch when they put holes in their jeans for that vintage look

so call some dry cleaners, local tailors or laundries - someone should have a darner -

or you can patch it up with plaid

That's the most common spot for jeans to wear out first. I repair my own. I like to use denim for patches - other materials are too weak, and I don't like iron-on patches because I notice that, because of the hardness of the adhesive, jeans will tear around the iron-on patch area. I have a pair of jeans that I use to cannibalize denim off of. I patch from the inside, then do a mending stitch using thread that matches the color of my indigo threads. Here's a pair of 1966 Levi's 501's (real 1966, not LVC) that belong to my girlfriend (and she didn't blow out the crotch...she got them already beat to hell and blown out) that I repaired last year. Check 'em out.

photo_zoom.gne?id=250554472&size=m&context=set-72157594241423186

If you love them let a tailor fix them for you.

If you just like them and a bit handy with the sewing machine then DIY and have a bit of fun with it. My concrete idol Fu-Tung Cheng of Cheng Design says that every mistake is a new opportunity to be creative.