Tailoring jeans

pointballer

Hey i have a pair of seven jeans and its baggy but i'm not liking the fit of it anymore so i'm thinking about tailoring them. But the jeans is bootcut and i was wondering if i should go do it since i payed 200 for the pair. Also the pair of seven i have was bought in bloomingdales, however the back pockets has no design or pattern at all, unlike all the seven jeans i bought, but i really bought them at bloomingdales in nyc so its gotta be authentic right? Thanks again

Yeah i know, i saw online later that they are around 140 and stuff. I'm new to the jeans department and my friend i was with kept nagging me to buy it so what the hell...I learned my lesson. Also with the tailoring, if i would do it, i would take it to like a really good place so would it matter because i dont want these jeans to come out with akward fade or something? Thanks for help guys

It's always going to be at least moderately awkward to have the fit altered, because when they undergo the laundering process to achieve wear marks, they are on specific areas of the jeans. The inner thighs, for example, will have a solid, plainly stitched seam, when there should be contrast where the seams should pucker due to uneven fabric shrinkage. This is assuming that the inner leg is where the tailor modifies the fit. Seven jeans are quite extravagant in their washing, and it might be pretty obvious if its missing some highlights in areas because the worn fabric was pulled under and stitched over.