Custom designing vans slipons

acekieffer

i was thinking about getting a pair of white vans slipons and applying my own design/artwork on them...

now i was just curious...

what would be best to use on them..

prismacolor markers? paint markers? something else?

i would want the deisng to last vitually forever and not bleed when they get wet, etc..

any ideas and advice would be appreciated. thanks

Ace

Guest StuckOnStupid

I KNOW THIS ISNT WHAT YER ASKING AT ALL, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE REALLY ILL?

raw denim slipons with a visible selvedge line, like around the collar, or the tongue or some shit....

Guest StuckOnStupid

depends what yer trying to do...

you trying to do like some 2-tone, old-shool clark wallabees shit? or some fine-line drawing shit?

either way, i personally would use some permanent felt markers. i did some interesting 2-tone shit on suede clarks back in the mid 90s with a black marker. wish i had pictures of them shits. if you got a steady hand and some good art skills, why not do a few sketches first, then use some good quality fine tipped markers. or shit, even fuck around with a stencil and an airbrush. would be wise to experiment on some canvas first, then maybe get it wet in order to guage how much the ink will bleed.

either way, post some pics, sounds interesting man.

i have a design in mind and initially wanted to just be able to draw it on with markers or something. but at the same time not have it look cheesy and also last.

i thought about stencils but i dont have an airbrushh and markers seemed easier if i could find out which to use to make this look proper.