Wrangler 936DEN Raw Slim BootFit

CAClifton

I purchased some Wrangler 936DEN Raw Slim BootFit which are considered by most to only be "cowboy jeans". Dont get me wrong, I do live in "CowTown" Ft. Worth Texas, but these are a great denim for the money, and a wonderful "starter model" for those not wanting to make a hugh initial investment.

Ive seen some threads on Wranger's, (CMF's 13MWZ's) but never this model in general. I wanted to make a thorough attempt at providing all the knowledge and insite into this jean I could just incase someone out there wanted to take a chance with some cheap, yet very tough and well made, raw denim.

I bought them at a local western store for $18.88 on sale, and they come in just about every size anyone could want. Waist sizes 27" thru 42" and Inseams 30" thru 38". They are a heavyweight 100% Cotton Broken Twill, and I would assume the denim is probably 14 or 15oz. (Yet it is not specified, but Ive read both). The denim is not as dark as my other raw jeans. They have a zipper fly. And of course there is no selvage, but they do have a felled outer seam. They have a non-riveted coin pocket. They do have very shiny exposed copper front and back pocket rivets. (My favorite attribute of these jeans) The back pockets sit a little higher them most jeans, and the right back pocket had a thick brown plastic "Wrangler" tag in the place of the original leather patch. The rise is pretty high on these jeans, which is my biggest complaint personally, but once you wear the zipper in, it isnt as noticable.

936wtagsfoldedut9.jpg

My actual size in jeans is 36x31, but I was worried about these shrinking when I soaked them, so I got the 38 to be safe. I dont like really tight jeans anyhow. I found out that these jeans are sanfornized, and the fellow who sold them to me told me they would shrink after a couple of washes, I believed him because Ive read on SuFu that even sanfornized jeans will shrink 1 to 5% at times.

I personally dont like the plastic tag on the back for many reasons, but most of all because if they rip off after wear, then you have a large dark square on your ass. I modified mine by removing this tag prior to soaking.

Before:

936backpocketwwranglerce6.jpg

After:

936backpocketblankxv3.jpg

IMO, the removing of the tag gives the jeans a better look and makes the amazing rivets the main focus on the rear of the jeans.

Pre-Soak the measured size of the jeans are as follows:

Waist: 38" (19'' across)

Inseam: 32"

Thigh: 12" across

Knee: 9 3/4" across

Bottom: 9 1/4" across

Front Rise: 13"

I soaked them in the tub for 30min in warm water.

936inrinseby6.jpg

I then hung them overnight until dry. (While I cleaned the blue out of my tub...)

936postrinseoq8.jpg

Post-Soak measurements:

Waist: 37 1/2"

Inseam: 31"

Thigh: 11 1/2"

Knee: 9 1/2" across

Bottom: 9 " across

Front Rise: 13"

Once I get someone to take some pictures of me wearing them, I will post some more. I am anxious to see how these turn out. I posted some pictures of an old pair of Wrangler 13MWZ's (on CMF's thread) that I wore for years if you want to compare worn verse new Wranglers in general.

I hope this is information that might help someone. Please feel free to ask me any questions about some thing I might have left out.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if you guys saw it or not but inside the 13MWZ thread there is some information on the 936s as well.http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10299&page=6 . I'm sure superBobo has seen, I think this is a great fit pic of these by the way

this is how 936den fit on me:

[

wdiwt4.jpg

32x36

I have a pair of the 936 that I got for about $18 USD as well from Cowtown NJ haha. Unfortunately I don't think these will really wear too well, much like the standard 501s STF of today. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong on that as I do really like the wrangler brand.

If anyone is interested however http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/goodsList.jsp?st=pants-shop-avenue.com&category=10&action=category Pants Shop Avenue has the 11MWZ Blue Bell Selvedge on sale right now for about $100 USD, and they do ship internationally. Theres an awesome shot of these in the Lighting Mag Indigo Master volume that faded beautifully and I'd be happy to post a picture.

i hate to say it but the color of the denim is just terribly lack luster. I feel for the price you are better off with STFs.

Haha, its certainly interesting. Part of the reason why mine have sat in my dresser since the day after buying them. I think cheep washed his and said the color got WORSE haha.