STUSSY BREAKDOWN?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Can anyone explain how stussy is run? Headquarters in Irvine, CA. Japan has something like 50 shops, but one main in Harajuku?

Cruz owns the LA Chapter. Jebbia owns the NYC shop. Michael Koppelman owns London? Someone else runs Milan and SF?

Then there's OZ, which gets totally different stuff.

Hong Kong too.

And then you see stuff in random shops all over the USA.

Seems like a very disconnected brand filled with limited edition, mass produced, high quality, low quality items.

Anyone explain it?

do i care too much?

What's to know?

Stussy Inc. is based in Irvine. Owned by the Japanese (now). Their stuff is mostly made in China.

Every other shop is individually owned (think McDonalds, Ben & Jerrys, Starbucks, etc.)

I don't believe Stussy Inc. owns any of the shops? Maybe Laguna Beach (where Shawn & Frank started & still live)?

If you meet their hardcore guidelines, you too can put the Stussy logo on your shop & then buy your inventory from Stussy Inc. in Irvine. You'll basically pay 1/2 retail (less on high end stuff) so that $120 jacket you see in the La Brea store cost the owner about 40/50 bucks. When they do those 1/2 off the inventory sales they're basically tryna clean up for new stuff & break even.

-Dub

How about the rumour that Union and Undefeated are funded by Stussy on the low? Or at least the same person that owns the Sussy store in LA on LaBrea. I know I saw the article on the guy that started Undefeated in some mag, but I'm just trying to bring up what some people are sayin'.

basically stussy is in irvine, ca shops are licensed out to those people that own them ( eddie, james, michael ... ) jebbia taught eddie the way back in NYC eddie relocates to LA starts his own shit jebbia hooks eddie up with stussy opens store on la brea starts customade then SF store opens in 2000 jebbia/eddie power trips cuz none of their peoples are involved with it. now life is good cuz japan has landed their big fish.

nigga who taught you octagon

yo fanboyz, i heard Keyser Soze is the man behind all of these brands. that's my word! dude has a 40 inch cock and gets mad poon. my boy told me he drives a spaceship, son! so Ill, right? i'll bet it's a Dunk Spaceship! Nike vs. NASA...didn't you read bout it in Relax? jeez.

he's a very private kind of playboy, and only goes outside when a new 'limited' shoe comes out, to stand across the street and watch the tastemaker mangirls cueing in a 2-day line, laughing his ass off and counting his dough while on the phone with the malaysian sweatshop to SEND MORE! MORE! MOOOOOOOORE!!!!!

~multiflavored RodLavers~

www.abelnyc.com

Edited by ABELnyc on Apr 11, 2005 at 11:04 PM

Edited by ABELnyc on Apr 11, 2005 at 11:04 PM