my APC raw black cures.

jwied82

Got these off ebay from a seller in Asia. Figured they were probably fake since ive never heard of raw black APCs before, but they were not too expensive and seem like a decent raw black denim.

But, has anyone ever seen/heard of fake APCs before?

They look to be well construted, and some of the harwear/detailing matches my new cures, but some is off. And the fit is good

The main thing that made me think fake as soon as i looked at them is they have a zip fly.

And whats more, they have a riri zipper, which ive never seen on jeans before.

Anyway, heres one pics, and im gonna go take some more right now.

IMG_3210.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa those look really cool.

I've seen some pretty crazy APC stuff, especially on Yahoo JP, so I wouldn't doubt the possibility that they may be real. They do use riri for most of their garment zippers, too, so your jeans have that going for them..

Either way, it looks like they're a good find.

The look pretty real to me. Detail all look fine. Are there any other details off other than button and zipper/ I have seen the same zipper used on other APC garments and I have seen other APC jeans with different buttons (such as some special edition APC from and APC store in luxenbourgh I think?)

Look nice though, great black jeans.

yes, those were 2 other details that i also noticed being off. The belt loops on my new cures are longer and narrower, and the button is different.

Looks like you got a pair from some old stock right before they switched to the round buttons and narrow belt loops. I actually like the flat button alot more and the wider belt loops feel and look alot sturdier than the new narrow ones. Are they made in Tunisia?

• 2 weeks later...

after reading this thread, i went on ebay and looked for a pair. I got mine in the mail yesterday... and am extremely pleased with them.

I got a size 29, and these have a button fly which is exactly the same as my new standards. it even has the big top button that kinda swivels, not the one that just stays there.

they smelled kind of like black tar that you use to pave streets with, but i aired them out and am wearing them today.

they fit dope and i love the color.

• 2 months later...

decided id put up an update on these.

These are at just over 3 months now and i wear them about 35 hours a week on average.

I think they are coming along nicely and im really happy with them, although they have stretched like crazy and do not fit so well now.

Not sure when i should wash them. They are pretty dirty and a wash would bring them back to shape a little... but im pleased with the fading process so far so i dont want to mess with them.

Should i consider a dry clean?

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

i love the way the seam thread is wearing away inside the cuff on that last pic. Its only happening in that one small spot and i dont think ive seen that on any other of my jeans.

• 1 month later...