Superdenim forum

beezen

Yeah, I know, but that's what makes this site so hot. Though really there should be some categories on the index.. like maybe superselvage (of course), and since there's so many threads that rip up labels/ brands, they could title that section supercrap, or maybe superdis

Benny Rags

i agree that the denim topics are quite amazing and have taken on life of their own and YES i had thought about adding an isolated superdenim forum. superringring might be a more appropriate name as this one user is largely responsible for it??. supercrap and duperdis sort of = supertrash

would be interested in a few more opinions on this. as this part of the site keeps getting more traffic we can keep adding more specialized topics.

--------------------------

superslave1

http://superfuture.com

i would too like it to be in supershopper but it seems that they're

complaints/disagreements/opinions about the heavily posted denim topics though.

[not hating but it's just what i read and saw the last couple of days]

which i do understand from their point of view if anyone who's not interested

in denim. i'm ok to most of the topics here.

but i admit it is a superb suggestion. the sound of it is too. superrrrrselvedggggeeeee...

think we should just stick it in shopper for the meantime,huh?

just my point...

i would too like it to be in supershopper but it seems that they're

complaints/disagreements/opinions about the heavily posted denim topics though.

[not hating and dont want to offend anyone but it's just what i read and saw the last couple of days] which i do understand from their point of view if anyone who's not interested

in denim. i'm ok to most of the topics here.

but i admit it is a superb suggestion. the sound of it is too. supeselvedge.superingring!!!

think we should just stick it in shopper for the meantime.

just my point...

write your own script

I bet as a sticky tread it would become so long that it would eventually die...

besides, denim is too broad a topic.

I'm not sure. I would like to see a Denim-dedicated forum. Something like that could benefit everyone in terms of information. However, what would it be of supershopper without denim topics?! Maybe you could change the name to superstyle to discuss what to wear, what not to wear, haircuts, etc.

Wayne, you and Chad should get something back for hosting all this idle chatter icon_smile_wink.gif

APC and Nudie must owe you some freebies by now, if not paid banner ads icon_smile_cool.gif

Thanks a lot for making this site.

If you're planning on expanding the denimy side, then things I'd like to see could include:

Links page: As many denim sites listed as possible. Official brand sites. Cool resellers etc.

FAQ/Archive: 'what's selvedge', 'how to wash/hem...etc'.

Some kind of guide to real vintage jeans (*cough* hello denim historians John & Serge! *cough*)

Denim shopping guide: NYC, London, Paris, Tokyo, Sydney etc., perhaps a report each season?

etc, etc....Anyway thanks again.

Edited by ringring on Apr 6, 2005 at 10:10 AM

i wouldnt mind seeing a topic involving "what people are wearing" or something. might give each other a good idea of how certain things fit etc (there are often queries about how different jeans fit for example). plus its just dope to see people's styles.

• 3 weeks later...

There are rarely any Dunk posts on superfuture and the T-shirt posts compared to Denim posts aren't even in the same league in terms of number.

I like Denim and I appreciate the knowledge some of you have on the subject but honestly for the last month when you look at the front page that's all there is... denim posts. There will be 3 threads on APC, 4 on Nudies, 2 asking Ringring on advice and 6 on what Selvedge means. I think it's time to just have a board devoted to Denim, or delete threads that repeat the same questions that have been covered time and time again so they don't clog up the board and push new non denim related threads down to the 2nd page before people get a chance to read them.

there is this brand based out of italy called fabio di nicola

that line is amazing, mostly denim, mens line

they are one of the most forward thinking denim companies i've seen in a long time

they exhibit @ bread and butter and i think the pitti cuomo show, and other regional european shows

that is on some next level ish...

• 2 weeks later...

Handsblue forum is dead and the news pages aren't really too denim orientated. I think the admins on here could klean up on the internet denim scene if they want to. Theres a danger of supertalk becoming too denimtalk and scaring off supershopping talkers. If someone asks a question about shopping in paris or milan nobody gives a crap now. I read bout the new superfuture and i bet there will be a denim part. I wonder if anyone has rgistered superdenim.com?

Quote:

Handsblue forum is dead and the news pages aren't really too denim orientated. I think the admins on here could klean up on the internet denim scene if they want to. Theres a danger of supertalk becoming too denimtalk and scaring off supershopping talkers. If someone asks a question about shopping in paris or milan nobody gives a crap now. I read bout the new superfuture and i bet there will be a denim part. I wonder if anyone has rgistered superdenim.com?

--- Original message by beezen on May 8, 2005 05:21 AM

yep, already registered.

Registrant Contact:

BIGSTAR INTERNATIONAL GMBH

Gerhard Mollenkopf ([email protected])

Hegenheimer Strasse 18 Weil am Rhein

-, , DE

P: +49.7621663311 F: +49.7621663442

• 3 months later...
Quote:

--- Original message by beezen on May 8, 2005 05:21 AM

agreed. everytime I've been on their there really hasn't been any posts, though to be fair it took mynudies a year or so to get regular posters

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...