Test of time before washes and pics

brandon0809b

im new to this still and I noticed from the evolution posts a lot of jeans show wear at differnt times depending on the brand and type of denim, but also, I see that most people post pics of jeans after 6months to 2yrs of everyday usage, but when i look at pre-distressed jeans from expensive brands I see them trying to replicate a 5 or 7 year wash (like45rpm).

So I began to wander if anybody on here is working on any pairs with a lot longer time behind em than what I see on the other posts. Is 6months all it takes for most of us or do some of you plan to go longer before soaks and washes. Why do i not see any 4 yr pics from raw denim wearers? Or am I just missing them?

Yeah, my very first post when I signed up on SF was a posting of a pic of my 45rpm sorahiko's that I bought in Oct 2003. I'm not much of a collector - my weight fluctuates and my taste in fit changes, so I just eBay old jeans that I don't wear anymore. Replay used to offer raw selvage jeans (like in the 90's sometime) and I had a pair that I wore forever that I now use to cut denim for patches - in fact, the patches on my sorahikos came from those jeans. IMHO, 6 months is a good start, but they don't really get good until maybe a year of solid wear. Right, wearing down raw jeans is a trend, but for me the seed of that kind of patience just comes out of being lazy and dirty. Until about three years ago, I think I only bought one pair of years a year, and I'd just wear the hell out of them.