Bicyclettes

canice

yup. not be but ive seen it. and this usually happens with track geometry. It really isnt a big deal you should even be needing to turn your wheel that much if you are well you need learn to stop too, also sooner or later you will learn to not put your pedal where your wheel is.

But if it really bugs you get a new fork with a longer reach or a shorter crank.

one more thing... i'm not sure if my frame or seatpost height is too big. are my feet supposed to be able to touch the ground flat when i'm sitting on my saddle? i never really asked this question before and i feel kind of stupid asking it now.

your feet arent suppose to touch the ground when you paddle. because taht means that your legs arent gettting fully extended so your getting that power stroke. Depending now how high your seat post is you can raise it up to fix it.

any vancouver riders here?

heres my bike... i'm trying to find a shorter crank right now, but no success *ebay is a rip with shipping*..

BRC frame, Shinamo/MKS parts from tokyo.

p1010086lv2.jpg

Do u experience some pedal strike on the ground when u turning?? it looks soo close to the ground. and can u fix ur handle bar ..sorry i am really picky i love the bottom of the bar parrallel to the ground. other than that good stuff hehe SEXY bike.

well, once i get the toe clips up and riding i dont get any pedal strike, is only when the toe clips are hanging loose, then the strike.. thats why im trying to find some new crank arms to shorten it.

as with the handlebar, that was my personal preference, i like it on a upward sweep since i find it more comfortable while going for the speed runs.

+ i need to find myself a new saddle.. the one i had was from a cheap bike shop for 5 bucks..

apologies if it's been mentioned before... but what tires do you skidders use? does it necessary have to be slicks?

Here are the popular ones:

Vittoria Randonneurs.

Gatorskins.

Armadillos.

Soma Everwear.

Over time ... I learned how to skid 'wisely' and the vittoria rubinos I used to go through every 2 weeks or so .. can last me 2 months now.

I have an Armadillo on mine. Thick as fuck.

Kinda pricey for a tire, but it'll last you. Doesnt have much wear on it so far. But then again, I havent been skidding...

And whoever asked about "peddle strike," unless you point your toes completely downwards while you peddle, theres no way your toe clips should scrape the ground.

Here are the popular ones:

Vittoria Randonneurs.

Gatorskins.

Armadillos.

Soma Everwear.

Over time ... I learned how to skid 'wisely' and the vittoria rubinos I used to go through every 2 weeks or so .. can last me 2 months now.

Soma Everwear...3 times thicker...gatorskin is durable and nail prove.

Vittoria Rubino is worst tyres i ever have.finish it within 2 weeks.

Hey I am building up a new frame and was needing some help with the headset.It is a threadless set, so I was wondering the process from putting it all together wih the fork? I am prett sure about this but I want to double check, I will have to cut the fork tube down to fit? Thanks

Hey I am building up a new frame and was needing some help with the headset.It is a threadless set, so I was wondering the process from putting it all together wih the fork? I am prett sure about this but I want to double check, I will have to cut the fork tube down to fit? Thanks

U need to cut the top down to the size u want or add spacers.Make sure u take into account of the stem too.

you need a headset press to install the headset. take it to a bike shop and have them install it. excess steerer tube is entirely personal preference. i have longer legs (since im a girl) so i have an extra inch above the headtube to even out the saddle-to-stem height difference.

A cup press is a pretty basic thing. It just pulls the cup into the head tube. You could make one using a big bolt screwed into a large lump of hard wood. If you go slow and check the cups are going on flush it should be fine.

The real problem is if the frame isn't faced. Then you need some serious tools to ream out the headtube. In that case whatever the cost get an LBS to do it for you.

And please, once you get to doing up the bolts, use a torque wrench (especially if there's any carbon involved).

I don't get it, why?

It's a prime number. Since the number of skid spots is equal to the number of teeth on the cog divided by the GCF of the number of teeth on the cog and the chainring, you get the most possible skid spots if the number of teeth on cog and chainring are relatively prime. And since every number that's smaller than a prime is relatively prime to it, I can use any cog I want and not worry about having all my skidding happen in one place.

mathpwrja4.gif