Sushi

Spike

it is a common misconception that sushi = raw fish. sushi is any japanese cuisine that uses vinegared rice. the nigiri sushi (the hand-molded sushi) using sashimi (raw) fish is the kanto (central region around tokyo) style sushi. if you go to osaka (in southwest japan), for example, they are more known for their futomaki (thick rolls) using cooked and pickled vegetables, fish cakes and cooked chicken eggs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

kasper is overrated.

Aint nothin better then a few good california rolls, some salmon nigiri, a deepfried tuna roll, and a sapparo

ha ha that remains to be seen

don't get me wrong, sushi is really good and all, but in north america, the quality is usually not that good and it's almost always overpriced. just piss me off to pay 6$ for something i could have had at any kaiten sushi in Japan for 100 yen (1$)

don't get me wrong, sushi is really good and all, but in north america, the quality is usually not that good and it's almost always overpriced. just piss me off to pay 6$ for something i could have had at any kaiten sushi in Japan for 100 yen (1$)

I've spent many a night in Kabukicho eating those 120Â¥ dishes haha...

i think sushi is both overrated and underrated here. overrated because of what you're saying and you bring up a good point. people hear "sushi" and automatically assume it's something pretty special, but that idea of special is really limited. it doesn't stop at a two-day old, ordinary cut frozen tuna, you know? someone mentioned tsukiji here, but if you find some serious joint in downtown tokyo, a place near the ocean in chiba or anywhere around the cold water of hokkaido, it'll open you up to a whole new world. a completely different level of freshness and cuts. therefore, i also think it's underrated, because many people can't see that it goes beyond what you can get here.