Deadstock Selvage Denim Available!!

kidvintage

or even 30 people at $25 each should cover it .. Can't imagine shipping being more than $150 ..

1. ) Numero Uno 3xxxl ( number 1 of course )

2. ) diewhitegirls

3. ) StuckOnStupid

4. ) cmykhustla

5. ) xcoldricex

6. ) beefcake

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenchi if the shipping price to Ande is agreed upon and Ande is willing to make SuperFuture selvage for everyone who chips in on the roll , then the only shipping thus far would be kid shipping the roll to Ande .

So shipping to AUS would be from new zealand where Mr.Whall is and I assume where the jeans are made at also ..

Also realize though it's not just going to be $20/$25 - that's just the cost for us to secure the denim itself ...

I do not know how much he is going to charge us to make the jeans and for shipping to us .. something to think about

didnt ande say hes not doing his construction anymore?

its going to be hard to set up a deal with his full service facility for this. especially if he has no straight cut to accommodate for the selvage. also, im pretty sure unless you guys were payin him like an extra 80 dollars it wouldnt be worth it unless he was really nice. im sure his profit is a lot greater on his normal jeans than something like this.

Haha Begavningsreserven....MC Hammer styles?

Holy shit!

I am still sitting on the fence dudes, I am not into negative thinking...I love denim and crazy operations, but the logistics involved are quite daunting. Main points:

40 PAIRS:

-$20 bucks x 40 would probably cover the denim and shipping. But shipping maybe crazy more than expected, you never know. What does it weigh?

-Would still have to charge probably, $150 for jeans after that

-40 pairs would take me foooking ages to make. If I work like a mo-fo from 8am-6pm I figure I can make 10-12 pairs a week.

-Patterns/styles. Everyone is not going to want the same style, obviously. I have 4 cuts ranging from skinny to loose. Cutting new sets of patterns from my existing cuts with straight edge outseams to accomodate the selvage is easily done....but it's a time consuming job.

- What about size returns if all the Denim is used up?

-Do I want to put the new Version 3 set-up on hold for a month? Man I wanna make some sweats....arrggghhh

I'm in, and I might as well put my girlfriend down as well and I'll pay for her. That's assuming something happens.

Have you guys maybe thought that if we're gonna get some awesome jeans from this, if we up the contribution to $40 per head it brings it down to 20 pairs of jeans, which is less work for Ande + he will probably end up with a fair amount of spare denim which I'm sure he'll find uses for...? Just a thought

dang ande $100+ to sew us a pair of jeans per pair with our own material ?

1. ) Numero Uno 3xxxl ( number 1 of course )

2. ) diewhitegirls

3. ) StuckOnStupid

4. ) cmykhustla

5. ) xcoldricex

6. ) beefcake

7.) Wu Dynasty

8. ) Superstar

9. ) beatle

10. ) giantsdrink

11. ) Westbrook

12. ) brozek

13. ) Darkadious

14. ) Yet Fung ( also likes Plan B. )

15. ) wild style

16. ) Dogfarm

17. ) khaltire

18. ) Spike

19.) pair for Spike's girlfriend

Plan B I suppose would be simply chipping in on the fabric and paying a service charge to kidvintage to divide it by the yard however much we paid .. Then the shipping costs respectively to each of us .. Problem is I know of no one that could make me a pair that I could be proud of ... with real " repro quality "

Ande seriously what's your verdict chief sounded like you COULD but didn't think you SHOULD ..

anyone else here with manufacturing facility in the USA we can trust to pull this off for us/with us .. ?

shinichi could do it most likely he is in Tokyo though so big time shipping costs again from LA to him if he wanted to do it even ..

Well... considering how the whole Samurai contest happened, anyone thought of maybe contacting Sugarcane/History Preservation or one of the other larger Japanese brands about this? I'm pretty sure that they'd be interested, and any jeans made from this that aren't bought by SFers will almost certainly get snapped up for good money on the .jp market...

dang ande $100+ to sew us a pair of jeans per pair with our own material ?

Dang 3xl.

Ok you have your Denim, that’s 5% of the job sorted. Now all that’s left to do is…….

School for 2-3 years and bust your ass learning how to sew, become competent at pattern drafting and do other lame assignments to pass the course. When schools out start doing hours designing, drawing logo’s and years of pattern making to get your cuts just right and how you want them to look. Spend time and the energy dealing with loads of mad industry cats to find the products you want to use, this of course will be very expensive and set you back thouands…….will it all arrive when they say, shit no, will they do what you want the first time around, hardly ever, will you try 2-3 different companies before you get the quality product you want…yes. Then machinery is required to make this stuff, sewing machines, overlockers, hardware equipment, cutting tables, and a big room to put it in. Then you gotta sell them, take photos, grade all the patterns, make measurement charts, catalogs, get swing tickets printed, sew them!, buy plastic bags to put em’ in, walk to the post office cause you got no car, buy endless 70 buck rolls of pattern making paper, answer a squillion e-mails, listen to people all day, every day tell what you should do and what you should make.

Not to mention paying rent, power, internet, visa bills and the tax man is going to come knocking for his share too. You may also find that you are the most broken ass dude, money wise, for a long time while you are getting all this set up and eating cornflakes for a week solid because you have no tin:eek: