jay-z kingdom come

will_i_am

Even The Game came nicer than this. It looks like this winter is Nas's though. Just heard some sorry mixtape rip of his track with Jay-Z. All I can say is FIRE!!!! The other two tracks Ive heard were nice too (The N and Hip Hop is Dead)

Even The Game came nicer than this. It looks like this winter is Nas's though. Just heard some sorry mixtape rip of his track with Jay-Z. All I can say is FIRE!!!! The other two tracks Ive heard were nice too (The N and Hip Hop is Dead)

haha ya my ears were hurting trying to listen to black republican...but it was definitely nice.....i didnt like the n too much though, but i heard it didnt even make the album? i dont know....we still have clipse dropping soon too....

Actually, I don't like The N that much either but I thought it was tolerable. I keep hearing people pump up clipse, I'll be honest and say I've never listened to ANY of their stuff. I'll have to check for it, some people are saying it'll be album of the year :P

This album is trash. Just Blaze does his thing though, and Khalil is pretty nice too. For some reason, I can't stand Jay on Dre beats, but the 30 something song is all right too.

I think Lost Ones and 30 something are dope tracks, really good laid back beats. Minority Report and Trouble are the complete opposite, much darker beats. both tracks work well too.

What i think he should have done with this album is

A- taken his time. finishing the last track on his tour bus 3 weeks ago is ridiculous. This is supposed to be his masterpiece, not some hyped up garbage.

B- he should have made a complete album. No single type songs, like that terrible neptunes track with usher. The whole album should be cohesive, not just a bunch of songs.

just gave it the once over, and was very underwhelmed. i did like the dre beats more than the rest which surprised me cause i am a bigger just blaze fan than dre. will give it a listen to again later, hopefully it will grow on me.

Guest StuckOnStupid

just listening to it now.

i like it. the dre shit is crazy, just blaze is on point, and that "beach chair" shit is phenomenal. i like this very much. jay-z is an outstanding rapper. except for mike lowery,you guys are fuckin jerks, yo. what did you want from him on this record exactly?

I actually enjoyed it more the second time around. I'm not the huggest Jay fan though. I liked some of his early stuff, and then the Black Album. The main letdown on this album is production for me, I think Jay himself is on point. Kanye's track is garbage, Neptunes track is garbage, Swizz Beats is always garbage :P

For someone that acted like his shit was going to run things this winter, he's definitely behind The Game, and hopefully Nas. This is a 3 or 3.5/ out of 5 album.

Guest StuckOnStupid

oh btw, im listening to the game album right now and i want this gentleman to please stop rapping. there are some MCs that are not good that i like, ie Cormega...but this guy just takes "shitty flow" to another level. stop getting tattoos and at least take a minute to bite a good rappers flow, there are many of them to choose from. also this dude comes off as a crazy ex girlfriend/stalker. poor excuse for a "rap star".

EDIT*** i know there is no accounting for taste, but COME ON kids...you actuallyh like this shit? hot fucking garbage. wow i really hate this record more and more every second.

man Cormega's flow is like butter and his stories are akin to AZ i don't know how you could consider him a bad MC....I agree on the game album though...he sounded so much like dre on "da shit"

and talib kweli is also dropping soon...its gonna be a good month.....i also liked that tech n9ne, a little out of the norm of what i listen to but that track he did with brotha lynch was nice.

man Cormega's flow is like butter and his stories are akin to AZ i don't know how you could consider him a bad MC....I agree on the game album though...he sounded so much like dre on "da shit"

and talib kweli is also dropping soon...its gonna be a good month.....i also liked that tech n9ne, a little out of the norm of what i listen to but that track he did with brotha lynch was nice.

Kweli got pushed into 07, from what I remember.

lil waynes version blew my mind. i think im gonna finally give him a listen. always passed him off as another down south rapper, but god damn.,...

definitely. his newest album is impressive.

as for the jay-z album, theres alot to be desired.

his lyrics are boring compared to his usual genius. his "maturity" may have seeped the energy from his flow. its nothing like reasonable doubt or blueprint. the excitement just isnt there.

as for production, you can see everyone stepping out of theyre niche. kanye steps into a world of melancholy synthesizers. i personally like him better when hes furnished with his more familiar weapons: catchy loops and chipmunk voices. dr. dre experiments a little with a lighter sound on "lost ones" with the bluesy piano. overall, i think the good dr. was spot on, but i dislike hova flowing over dark beats. i prefer "h to the izzo" and the like. with this, we can see kingdom come more as an extension of the black album, which i also found lacking. instead of eminem though, he went straight to the source : dr. dre (where the fucks detox!!!!!!).

ummm. ya thats about it. also: just blaze was good. as always. and the chris martin collabo blew my mind.

jay needs to go back to the drawingboard. give us another blueprint. or reasonable doubt.

i would shit myself if that was true, but sadly it's not...hes going the will.i.am, dre, kanye route...ie like every other major release

but yeah lil wayne is so nice...carter 2 is probably in my top 5 this year. I play that at least once a week....he has one of the most versatile flows in the game