how jeans fit on girls

white_giraffe

just throw the page into google transalator and it should make atleast some sense.

Skull Linda's: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BB038.html

size chart (scroll down for LINDA): http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/size_bb04.html#linda

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know if any stores in california carries skull jeans? or is it available only online? too bad i can't read what the site says! :(

seriously, i cannot express with words the wonderfullness of my skulls, i do recommend sizing up one from your size by measurements, they do not relax easily, and would stay quite slim even if you sized up.

i've been reading the skulls thread (like 20+ pages so far) and damn i want the 5010xx !!! they look awesome, i think i may buy some in the near, near future. trying to decide on the waist. since they are not stretch i'm thinking to get true or +1, but i read that the waist stretches 1-1.5 in...so then i'm thinking size down 1. ah i will keep reading i guess!! i wonder if returning/exchanging them in case they don't fit right would be a hassle.

seriously, i cannot express with words the wonderfullness of my skulls, i do recommend sizing up one from your size by measurements, they do not relax easily, and would stay quite slim even if you sized up.

i've been reading the skulls thread (like 20+ pages so far) and damn i want the 5010xx !!! they look awesome, i think i may buy some in the near, near future. trying to decide on the waist. since they are not stretch i'm thinking to get true or +1, but i read that the waist stretches 1-1.5 in...so then i'm thinking size down 1. ah i will keep reading i guess!! i wonder if returning/exchanging them in case they don't fit right would be a hassle.

I dont think exchaning them will be a problem, you'd probably have to pay for shipping back and forth though. e-mail fabfour, shinichi will reply in english and will surely help you out :)

keri, hows the rise on your lindas? thinking about picking up a pair for my girlfriend

Yeah, she told him they have a lower rise... nothing mentioned about them being slimmer. She bought both the same size and the women's version has less buttons (on the button-fly).

how many buttons on the fly? just curious. trying to decide between getting another pair of hipsters and having the leg taken in or just getting the new cures and having them be slightly higher rise.

Just based on fit, for womens jeans I think Slim Kims are the best but Skull, Acne Hex/Hep, and APC New Cure are all great and could be the better choice depending on other considerations.

how many buttons on the fly? just curious. trying to decide between getting another pair of hipsters and having the leg taken in or just getting the new cures and having them be slightly higher rise.

I was not aware of a difference but I'm a guy and the New Cure's Denim Bar gave me in person are size 27 with 3 total buttons. I couldnt imagine there being a womens version with less buttons.

my rise is like 8.75, four button fly. that fly starts low too.the rise is pretty low but not scadalaously low, they are about 2.25 " higher than frankie b's

white i wanna say that these have a 1.25" higher than i normally get rise, and i got the size that measures like 31", my normal waistband for jeans where i am thicker. They still killed me. do not size down unless you have nonexistent ass or are into serious s&m, on the m side of things.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2987/kerilegs026re0.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9015/kerilegs024na9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i have thin finns and just got my long johns in. lj are real stretchy, not sure if i like them. wasn't sure what the anti-fit on the finns were exactly, but now that i've worn them for a while i def see what it is. kinda like it tho, very diff fit than my other ones.

i've been eyeing the skulls and ande whalls. can't try on either which is a bummer :(

but the new cures looks pretty nice and they are getting some in! for the quality/price which is the better deal do you think? are the skulls 100% cotton no stretch? all my jeans have a little stretch, so i'm unsure about it.

Skulls come in both stretch and non-stretch variants on the webstore. They have comprehensive size charts, so measure up your parts, measuring your waist exactly where the front rise of the jeans comes up to.

Now take your waist measurement and if all of your parts fit within the measurements of the jeans in that size, I'd go with 100% cotton to avoid sizing stresses. Otherwise if your thighs are too big, size down an inch and get the stretch variety.

Stretch denim is a bitch to get a tight fit. Picked up a pair of H&M Sqins for my girlfriend, sized down 1 inch to 27. Great fit at the moment, but I get the feeling they're going to sag after a few months solid wear.

I've got the 5010XX and I'm really happy with them... The sizing is a bit awkward though - I'm usually a 26/27, but I have a 29 in these and could barely get into them at first. If you've got fairly narrow hips I'd totally recommend them though.

By the way, I'm in the UK and had to pay £50 in taxes/fees on these (the cost of the jeans including shipping was only £105). So I'd try and get the right size the first time round...

• 4 weeks later...
I've got the 5010XX and I'm really happy with them... The sizing is a bit awkward though - I'm usually a 26/27, but I have a 29 in these and could barely get into them at first. If you've got fairly narrow hips I'd totally recommend them though.

By the way, I'm in the UK and had to pay £50 in taxes/fees on these (the cost of the jeans including shipping was only £105). So I'd try and get the right size the first time round...

I think it has to do with that mens jeans are differently cut than womens jeans. In 501's I wear a 30", the womens jeans ive tried on (I work at a denimretail, gotta try on everything, right?) I can easily get in to a 27". It has something to do with how you measure the waist or something...

I think that 501's are actually more true to size than most other jeans, 30 inches = 76 cm. 501's measure 76 cm round the waist...

i would say for american companies it definitely has something to do with vanity sizing. a lot of women take joy in knowing that they can fit into a size 4 and would rather buy from that company than another one that they would be a size 8. which is funny to me because who will know what size it is without looking at the tag inside (unless it is levi's with the size on the patch). i suppose i could relate but i would rather have consistent sizing. i have clothes that are xs-l, depending on the company! makes it hard to order online! :eek:

• 2 months later...

not that this may still be relevant to you anymore (perhaps to others)

Lindas

-- sized up one, because i seriously couldn't even get into a size down or button a single button on a true. the sized up one was still tight (didn't get the top two buttons on when i bought them--trusted they were going to stretch and they did) and with anticipating the 1.5 inch stretch, they should rest comfortably on my lower waist (and hopefully erase the ugly gap between the jean and my lower back).

Thin Finns

-- white giraffe what kind did you get -- dry (100%) or dry comfort (98%)? and how are you wearing them (antifit? or true)? do you have any pics? how much did you size up for the anti-fit if yer wearing them like that?

I'll edit-in pics later...

Anyway, I doubt this thread will ever be really helpful without actual measurements of our bodies seeing as how build for females varies more significantly amongst us then it does among the guys. hm... not that anyone was actually using this thread. haha.

Lindas

-- sized up one, because i seriously couldn't even get into a size down or button a single button on a true. the sized up one was still tight (didn't get the top two buttons on when i bought them--trusted they were going to stretch and they did) and with anticipating the 1.5 inch stretch, they should rest comfortably on my lower waist (and hopefully erase the ugly gap between the jean and my lower back).

Yeah... I think that the discrepancy is gonna be difficult to account for online. My lady friend went to a size 2 and it's stretched out a bit more around the waist post soak. It isn't loose, just has more give than desired at the waist. The legs are still, for the majority, form fitting.

Although I'm not sure how difficult it was for her to go into the size 1's, I wonder if it was possible. Either way, they're an amazing pair of jeans.

Thin Finns

-- white giraffe what kind did you get -- dry (100%) or dry comfort (98%)? and how are you wearing them (antifit? or true)? do you have any pics? how much did you size up for the anti-fit if yer wearing them like that?

I'm wearing a 30x32 in the dry stretch (2%, orange stitching). It's my normal size in all jeans. The waist is not loose or tight and the legs are very skinny, not skin tight, except they do hug my calves (but i think they're supposed to). They fit normal when I got them. After a while of wearing, since they've relaxed a bit, they've become anti-fit. I'll try to borrow my roommates digital camera sometime to post up the fit and fade so far.

• 3 months later...

Based on the Edwins we just got my girlfriend, Japanese women indeed have absolutely no fucking hips. Size 28 on these fit like a pair of size 26 from H&M, and they're both 2% elastane (for the record, she's a 26 inch true waist and 30 or so around the hips). I think where conventionally women's low rise jeans are measured based on true waist size rather than the actual waistband measurement, these have literally been measured around the waistband.

Denim is absolutely fantastic though, grey, streaky and with plenty of little knotty slubs to the touch. Just consider the inverse-of-APC sizing principles.