pure blue / oni fit question...

jasonm

how do Oni's blue and PBJ's xx-003 fits compare with the APC NS and Kicking Mule 1980's ive been wearing these days.

i know its a bit of a stupid question, but there isnt anywhere i can try these on without getting on a plane... or in a car i guess.

oni is higher waisted, pure blue is lower waisted.

oni is boxier throughout....higher rise, repro cut i believe. Can't really compare this to APC, sorry. If anything it would be best compared to the rescues, but thats not really the case.

pure blue 003 was pretty low waisted for me, legs a bit bigger throughout than the NS IIRC, NS has a bit of a taper, the 003's were straight throughout.

hope that helps

Yes from what I've gathered, the Oni is more of a traditional cut (Red is a bit loose and Blue is regular) and I don't think you can compare them to the APC NS. The new standard is a neutral, modern cut. One thing that turned me off from getting PBJ's were the widespread reports of the theigh being too tight. This was also apparent in the pictures of people wearing them.

• 3 weeks later...

I (unfortunately) don't own either the Oni's or PBJ's but if you're looking for a cut more like your New Standards then the xx-005 are probably what you're looking for. They're low-rise,slim and tapered like NS's. Just be careful with the sizing of those, from what I've read it's better to get your true size than it is to size up or down since the rise is so low. I was contemplating getting a pair myself but I'm looking for something straighter than my NS. I like variety in my fits.

I (unfortunately) don't own either the Oni's or PBJ's but if you're looking for a cut more like your New Standards then the xx-005 are probably what you're looking for. They're low-rise,slim and tapered like NS's. Just be careful with the sizing of those, from what I've read it's better to get your true size than it is to size up or down since the rise is so low. I was contemplating getting a pair myself but I'm looking for something straighter than my NS. I like variety in my fits.

Actually, the PBJ005s are cut very slightly bootcut - nearly a true straightleg. So they ma be worth your purchasing them. They are slimmer than the NS, however...

Actually, the PBJ005s are cut very slightly bootcut - nearly a true straightleg. So they ma be worth your purchasing them. They are slimmer than the NS, however...

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up.I saw the pics of everyone wearing them and I thought they looked so much slimmer than New Standards.I didn't check the measurements and assumed they were skinnier all around. I'm looking for something a little roomier however...looking at LVC47's, SD103's or maybe PBJ xx-003's. The SD's arent as roomy but are straight from waht I've seen.Tapered is nice but a slim straight wouldn't hurt. Skull is making alot of noise around here so I might chekc those out also.

Im comparing the NS to the pbj005s, the pbjs have a nore fitted arse and tighter thighs, I have 31 in both and the hem width is the same. My apcs appear slouchy, slim, my pure blues appear tight and because the the thighs are tight and the bottoms are not ever so slightly bootcut. They really are tight and close fitting though so if you want a new standard(ish) fit size up from your waist size.