bapestas will no longer be made?

hifashion

So depressing what's happened with Nigo.... I hope they stop making them! In fact I've got several pair of US 11's I've aquired over the last couple years (nothing new in the last year or so) that I'm taking bids on :-)

A Dead brand in my opinion. He overexposed himself to the US Hip Hop crowd. Lost his exclusivity in the states the same way he did in Japan! Bad enough it was overpriced, now it's overexposed as well.... Pretty lame!

-Dub

God... How was he EVER "cool"? I shoulda figured he was a Herb when he did the Dub Mag spread a couple years ago (I guess I did?). Really makes you think about this whole mercantile game... & he's blinded by success in America? America is lame (for the most part) & Japan (along with the rest of the free world) can't figure that out?

-Dub

yeah word up to that, i'm not hating on NIGO cuz I'm jumping on the hate wagon, but I watched this dude come up from the 90's, his label is built around biting and hype. As a designer is no better than any of these t-shirt hustlers - just using the same old formula - biting cliche hiphop elements and changing around colorways. BAPETSA KICKS - are nothing more than AF1's - how is that design? Those look like Nikes with a big converse star on the side. Now he's trying to be gangsta and rock "flooded" to fit in with the rap stars he rubs elbows with. EVerybody stocking Bapestas better put them joints on sale before its too late.

I dont love or hate BAPE, but I think the way that everyone is hating do hard on it right now is the same as the people jocking it so hard right now. Everything is so col until it is cool. There are always going to be people that hate something, whether it is Supeme, BAPE, NIke or whoever.

The think about Nigo is he always gets serious about what he is into at the time. When he collected Planted of the Apes stuff he got one of the biggest collections in the world, when he was into furniture he found the best pieces out there, when he wanted art he collected a large collection from a few artists, and when he got into the Hip-hop scene, he got a smile full of diamonds.

It doesn't seem like he is acting any different now. At least he doesn't half step on things. When he does them he does them right.

The clothes are expensive but quality wise they are above 95% of the streetwear companies out there. The american brands dont have the capability to make that kind of stuff in teh factories that they work with. Also, everyone knows that the shoes are rip-offs, but at least they make them better then Nike.