Goro's

Air Macks

Where can I cop in Tokyo?

it's up to you, but i wouldn't recommend buying new generation goro's.

factory conditions and production is not the same since goro died and his daughter took over. try buying a used one from the early 90's.

it is even questionable as to if he really lived and had an actual apprenticeship on a native-indian reservation (great marketing though). does anyone know the facts?

it's up to you, but i wouldn't recommend buying new generation goro's.

factory conditions and production is not the same since goro died and his daughter took over. try buying a used one from the early 90's.

it is even questionable as to if he really lived and had an actual apprenticeship on a native-indian reservation (great marketing though). does anyone know the facts?

good to know jmatsu. do you know it well enough to know how to tell what's from the early 90s?

good to know jmatsu. do you know it well enough to know how to tell what's from the early 90s?

i am not a fan of goro's, but my girlfriend worked in his first shop during highschool. she told me that when goro's first began that certain peices were numbered. i do not know if that is true today. some of the newer pieces use white gold. goro apparently didn't use this material in the beginning. it was silver an/or regular gold.

in his last days alive he wasn't even producing stuff or overseeing design (in no way do these statemnts imply contempt for him). it was just "replicas" using his name, not that this is a bad thing. i just wouldn't spend that kind of money for a piece that is mass produced/mass-marketed and doesn't necessarily do justice to his somewhat questionable legacy.

that guy smoked hella chronic!

around 50,000 i think? the secondhand ones go for about half that.

jmatsu, i'm sure those would probably fetch a premium. i like the feathers and some of the chains. i'm not that into him though- i've got a few knock offs that'll hold me over.

That`s less than I thought, pretty comparable to Chrome Hearts or Crazy Pig, but i guess if you want the HF style with multiple feathers/claws/crosses on one pendant its not gonna be cheap.

i don't get the fascination with goro's. besides hf and other streetwear celebs, why does everyone want goro's. his stuff is nice, but you could easily get a nicer and cheaper piece while paying hommage to authentic native indian americans.

if you can somehow get goro's for a nice price, then by all means do.

i can understand the nostalgia factor for older jap generation growing up with his stuff, but alot of them for various reasons including his death don't feel the same about new goro's.

but if you got the money definitely buy that street cred. it will definitely help with setai and various other functions. it's the same when you are at some nomikai and someone asks about your watch or suit!

• 5 weeks later...